Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

On 15/02/2021 at 20:52, mikeyp102 said:

Not MCU but along the same lines

Signed up to Disney + at the weekend. Gone back to watch old school X Men animation. It’s terrible. Perhaps it improves. I was 10 when it first came out, so memory not the best aha

the one where Colossus has a row with Omega red is a good one 

• Like 1

Wandavision finale was surprisingly meh. No spoilers, but it never left me wanting more.

Spoiler

Could see the end of the witch fight coming a mile away.

Also, how come she wasn't arrested at the end? She had kidnapped a whole town. Grief or not, that was incredibly far fetched in a world with the sokovia accords.

It felt like they were in a rush to wrap everything up, which is no surprise considering it's been confirmed there's no season 2.

Edited by Jonesy7211

I've thought Wandavision has been pretty shite since the start, a few of the episodes were average at best, I said earlier in the thread that I've only stuck with it because the episodes are 20 minutes long, I won't miss it now that its finished.

• Like 1

WandaVision finale was ok, but felt like it misses opportunities it set up. It ultimately feels a little like they pulled their punches at the death. Not bad, but could have been incredible, and the opportunities were right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

WandaVision finale was ok, but felt like it misses opportunities it set up. It ultimately feels a little like they pulled their punches at the death. Not bad, but could have been incredible, and the opportunities were right there.

I thought that it felt flat, but now it's been a few hours since I watched it I've begun to wonder if Marvel are saving the big payoffs for the upcoming films. The Dr. Strange sequel and 3rd Spiderman movie are supposedly heavily influenced by the chaos magic we learned about in Wandavision.

All in all a very good show. Wasn't sure this kind of format would work to be honest, but it really does and feels more like a comic book on screen than the films do. 

Was concerned about all this stuff coming to Disney+, but this and The Mandalorian have definitely made it a promising start.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Looking forward to Friday.

This is one I am really looking forward to,  Wandavision was good but different. This should be more along the lines of normality, but in a good way. 
Hoping we find out more about Sam’s past, as pre Winter Soldier, all we know is that he was already a “falcon” so likely a highly decorated soldier and we know he’d lost a partner. 

On 05/03/2021 at 19:27, Chindie said:

31B065AB-957B-404D-8039-F6161372D6BF.gif

• Like 1

Falcon and the Winter Soldier has a nice opening episode. Lots of set up but setting up interesting things.

Spoiler

Taking a look at life for Bucky and Sam behind the big events. How does a guy whose day job is being a superhero and who spent 5 years effectively dead come to terms with the world when the suit is off? And moreover - what does it day about a black guy in that position? And then how does a guy who lived in WW2 and spent the years afterwards frozen and thawed out to be a emotionless assassin cone to terms with the world he does not belong in and with the knowledge that he did horrific things?

Not so sure about the direction of the villains but that was literally a couple scenes and we know Zemo is coming...

Some nice cameo stuff as well. The return of Batroc! And the reveal at the end of US Agent (although seems like they're going with the classic Cap name, it basically is US Agent) 

Good stuff. Looking forward to more.

• Like 2

Yep. Enjoyed that. Interesting to see where the season goes but seeing Bucky have to do therapy as part of his pardon is a good reason to delve into his head a little.

Also yeah seeing Batroc again was cool.

Helps Anthony Mackie is a compelling actor but he's very good at showing the vulnerable human side of the most human of the Avengers 

Dr Strange can bend time and space , pull beer out of the ether  but he can't whip up some moody credit cards for the team ?

I like that they are touching on mundane stuff like Avengers finances but it really is the most unbelievable aspect of the entire MCU.

Infinity Stones ? Sure why not ?   Dude who can fly can't afford a boat ? Get that shit out of here.😀

• Haha 2

Yeah enjoyable first episode. Glad we are seeing more of Sam’s character and what he’s like. 

That opening sequence was great, more like the marvel we know. 

Interesting that the “baddies” appeared to have superpowers. Wonder where they’ll go with that. 

Also will we get to know who Sam was rescuing at the start. 

Â