Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Spoiler

How was Walker going toe-to-toe with the super soldiers on the truck chase a couple of episodes ago pre-serum?! I assumed they'd snuck serum into him pre-announcement of him being CAPtain America. I also didn't really understand why they went to talk to Karli on that rooftop after the funeral snafu and then took off halfway through?! I thought Sam thought he could talk her down?

Pretty cool ending scene though. The blood dripping off the shield was a very striking shot. Wonder how the US Gov will react to a well-publicised cold-blooded murder in brosd daylight by their new flagship Superhero.... if they disavow him I can see him being recruited by Power Broker

Watched Spiderman:Homecoming. It was OK. I got the feeling that out of all of the films this is the one targeted mostly at teens. The lead was a likeable fella and the premise was pretty good but it was like watching a tik tok and at the end of it realising you aren’t the person it is made for. 

46 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Watched Spiderman:Homecoming. It was OK. I got the feeling that out of all of the films this is the one targeted mostly at teens. The lead was a likeable fella and the premise was pretty good but it was like watching a tik tok and at the end of it realising you aren’t the person it is made for. 

Night monkey 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Seat68 said:

I have no idea what this means. 

Spoiler

It’s when they try to make out it was not Spider-Man out and about that evening and they ask Peter who it was and he says night monkey. When I watched this at the pictures with the boys there was  loads of laughter hence the reason I remember and still a bit of a standing joke in our house

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It’s when they try to make out it was not Spider-Man out and about that evening and they ask Peter who it was and he says night monkey. When I watched this at the pictures with the boys there was  loads of laughter hence the reason I remember and still a bit of a standing joke in our house

Not in Homecoming. I am watching them in order so that’s probably a future film. 

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

No. You are talking about a film I haven’t watched yet. 

Oh, sorry my bad

no major plot reveals so no harm done

Edited by Follyfoot

Good episode this week

Spoiler

More character focused and felt like they propelled a lot of the story whilst not really doing much.

Interesting we're getting Madame Hydra.

Bit disappointing they have just arrested Zemo but hopefully that's with a view to him coming back in something else.

And Batroc is back!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Did make me laugh when she was like "haven't you heard? We are criminals now!" given she literally committed a war crime when she blew up and killed captives they'd taken. Why is Sharon helping out Karli by springing Batroc? 

Really good episode though. Enjoyed it. One more.. 

32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Really good episode

Hide contents

Confirmed Bucky and Cap had a conversation pre Cap going back in time

Cap confirmed as dead?

Good with Bucky confirmed he couldn’t have foreseen what black people go through 

@Chindiecan you say more on Madam Hydra? 

Spoiler

There's not that much to say really.

There's been a few people that have taken the name Madame Hydra. One is more well known as Viper (technically appears the film the Wolverine), the one we've got here is probably the second most well known, who is effectively a double agent. She worked with SHIELD for years, as a spy, but it becomes known that she was actually a Hydra agent all along and had assumed the title of Madame Hydra from Viper. She has history with Nick Fury as well.

Ultimately though there's nothing that interesting about the character. It's just a name given for high ranking women in Hydra. The most interesting thing is perhaps that this suggests the MCU isn't done with Hydra as villains for the series.

• Thanks 1

Thor Ragnarok is one of the most universally liked of the series.

With good reason. It's great. There's some utterly brilliant stuff in it

Spoiler

Hopkins playing Loki playing Odin.

The Dr Strange tie up

Basically everything about Hela.

Skurge ('Des and Troy'...)

The soundtrack

The playing with Planet Hulk

Valkyrie - and that great flashback scene.

A friend from work!

Korg, particularly 'piss off ghost'

Jeff Goldblum

'Are you the god of hammers?'

It's great. Really great. Probably the film I've revisited the most.

• Like 2

looks alright, will live and die by its fight choreography IMO hoping for some proper balls to the wall kung fu and some wuxia thrown in which is looks like it might do

after raya im not sold on awkwafina, i didnt find her funny but tony leung is a huge plus and michelle yeoh is in there somewhere too

Â