Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Finished Punisher series 2.

Suffers from the Netflix Marvel problem of bloat and they kinda bottle the Jigsaw storyline, but it's decent overall. It's a bit of a shame we've not seen that much of Castle being the Punisher over Bernthal's tenure, because he's a bloody good take on Castle, but for storylines he's been given its worked.

Nice to see them slowly develop a kinda mirror of Castle in John Pilgrim. We don't get smashed over the head with it but by the series end they underline that Pilgrim is basically Castle if Castle's moral code was flipped. Also nice that they took a (as far as I know) pretty minor figure in the Punisher canon and did something cool with them.

There's a really good 8,9, maybe 10 episode series in there, but as usual they pad it out with a few filler episodes and to be honest the Madani/Russo storyline is pretty weak and probably could have done with being heavily trimmed back.

But, overall, good series.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Finished Punisher series 2.

Suffers from the Netflix Marvel problem of bloat and they kinda bottle the Jigsaw storyline, but it's decent overall. It's a bit of a shame we've not seen that much of Castle being the Punisher over Bernthal's tenure, because he's a bloody good take on Castle, but for storylines he's been given its worked.

Nice to see them slowly develop a kinda mirror of Castle in John Pilgrim. We don't get smashed over the head with it but by the series end they underline that Pilgrim is basically Castle if Castle's moral code was flipped. Also nice that they took a (as far as I know) pretty minor figure in the Punisher canon and did something cool with them.

There's a really good 8,9, maybe 10 episode series in there, but as usual they pad it out with a few filler episodes and to be honest the Madani/Russo storyline is pretty weak and probably could have done with being heavily trimmed back.

But, overall, good series.

I think they rushed the jigsaw storyline and didn't need it to run parallel with the John pilgrim plot  (could have had the hospital scenes bubbling along building toward the reveal in time for season three - but maybe they knew they wouldn't get a S3 so put All their eggs in one basket). 

Also the look of jigsaw was wrong, he remained far too pretty boy. Should've been proper mashed up. 

shame it was cancelled as I liked the feel of the show and Bernthal was decent as Frank Castle. 

Another decent, if not great, episode of WandaVision. Probably the most overtly filler-y episode they've done so far, there's basically 5 minutes of genuine progression of the plot, but it's still alright. Also the first episode to have a credits scene.

Spoiler

There was always decent money on Agnes being more than she seemed and the reveal of her actually being a witch herself is no shocker. I'm pretty sure there's still more to this though... It's not just going to be Agatha.

I'm not that aware of the character but on doing some research there's further hints on where this is going

Still, ok episode and sets things up nicely for the final 2 episodes.

Edited by Chindie

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I think they rushed the jigsaw storyline and didn't need it to run parallel with the John pilgrim plot  (could have had the hospital scenes bubbling along building toward the reveal in time for season three - but maybe they knew they wouldn't get a S3 so put All their eggs in one basket). 

Also the look of jigsaw was wrong, he remained far too pretty boy. Should've been proper mashed up. 

shame it was cancelled as I liked the feel of the show and Bernthal was decent as Frank Castle. 

The rights for this show, along with Jessica Jones, have reverted to Marvel now away from Netflix. Would not be surprised to Frank pop up in future marvel TV shows at some point, very popular show and character.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Another decent, if not great, episode of WandaVision. Probably the most overtly filler-y episode they've done so far, there's basically 5 minutes of genuine progression of the plot, but it's still alright. Also the first episode to have a credits scene.

Hide contents

There was a credits scene? Nuts. I always stop because of the ridiculous ten minutes of credits every episode...

16 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I just went back on and watched it. Wasn't really worth it.

Yeah nice to see but added nothing really.

Overall I m very underwhelmed by Wandavision so far. If it wasnt Marvel I would have given up a while ago.

Apart from the odd last minute or two of an episode most episodes wouldnt get beyond a 6 or 7 out of then for me.

Not a series I could see myself rewatching.

Good episode of WandaVision

Spoiler

Slightly odd in that it kinda acts like an origin for Wanda of what happened off screen before AoU and an origin for the concept of the show (although to be honest we already knew 99% of that).

But good. It was done well. I'm hopeful that they're more to matters than just Agatha.

And yeah, the post credits this week sets up a very comics moment - Vision has been monochrome before, when his personality was stripped from him. I suspect what we've got coming is very much 'what if Vision was evil?'.

Hopefully a good finale next week.

On 26/02/2021 at 17:49, Chindie said:

Good episode of WandaVision

Reveal hidden contents

Slightly odd in that it kinda acts like an origin for Wanda of what happened off screen before AoU and an origin for the concept of the show (although to be honest we already knew 99% of that).

But good. It was done well. I'm hopeful that they're more to matters than just Agatha.

And yeah, the post credits this week sets up a very comics moment - Vision has been monochrome before, when his personality was stripped from him. I suspect what we've got coming is very much 'what if Vision was evil?'.

Hopefully a good finale next week.

Agreed with this. Probably one of the most significant scenes going forward for the MCU in that episode.

I am a little worried there's a lot to fit in for 1 episode and curious as to how they're going to tie this in to upcoming films.

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Agreed with this. Probably one of the most significant scenes going forward for the MCU in that episode.

I am a little worried there's a lot to fit in for 1 episode and curious as to how they're going to tie this in to upcoming films.

YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Like 1

Â