Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Some very  promising early reactions to Wandavision, with 3 episodes released to critics. 

The best comment I’ve read is ‘Wandavison looks like if David Lynch made a superhero sitcom’

Apparently very funny, weird and mysterious. Rave reviews for Olsen and Bettany. 

Can’t wait. 

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic 

Quick question. I decided to watch the marvel films, I started on Captain America as a website said thats the first chronologically. A different website says if you are new to this series of films then in release order is the best thing to do. Is that right? I stress I have only watched the CA film and know nothing else about the films. 

Go release order. The series mostly moves forward continually, with a couple of exceptions - Captain America the First Avenger is one, a much later film another - so it mostly makes sense to just follow the release order.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Go release order. The series mostly moves forward continually, with a couple of exceptions - Captain America the First Avenger is one, a much later film another - so it mostly makes sense to just follow the release order.

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Quick question. I decided to watch the marvel films, I started on Captain America as a website said thats the first chronologically. A different website says if you are new to this series of films then in release order is the best thing to do. Is that right? I stress I have only watched the CA film and know nothing else about the films. 

Captain America is near the start in both orders so it doesn't matter.

I think the only other film that would change order drastically would be Captain Marvel and i liked that flashback as an interlude between Avengers 3 and 4. 

Not sure which way i would prefer, except it will flow better if you watch in release order rather than chronologically, due to how/when they introduce new characters and villains.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Captain America is near the start in both orders so it doesn't matter.

I think the only other film that would change order drastically would be Captain Marvel and i liked that flashback as an interlude between Avengers 3 and 4. 

Not sure which way i would prefer, except it will flow better if you watch in release order rather than chronologically, due to how/when they introduce new characters and villains.

That the route I decided on. Busy day at work so have now chalked off Iron Man 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That the route I decided on. Busy day at work so have now chalked off Iron Man 1

Maybe take a break after Avengers Assemble (end of phase 1) otherwise you'll probably burn out from so much superhero stuff condensed into such a small time-frame.

The more varied films come later on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I’d say you could easily miss out hulk it’s not great and doesn’t add anything to the universe. 
I love the marvel stuff and yet I’ve never seen Iron Man 3 as I’ve heard it’s rubbish. Probably should watch it at some point, but I don’t feel like  missing anything. I still get all the character arcs throughout. 

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d say you could easily miss out hulk it’s not great and doesn’t add anything to the universe. 
I love the marvel stuff and yet I’ve never seen Iron Man 3 as I’ve heard it’s rubbish. Probably should watch it at some point, but I don’t feel like  missing anything. I still get all the character arcs throughout. 

3 is ok, 2 is garbage, 3 picks up some of the pieces, leans towards going off towards tonys dark days(i think he was a raging alcoholic in the comics) plenty of cool enough bits to make it worthwhile

what it does do is shit on one of the villains in a way that probably pissed some people off, they're even reintroducing him in the next wave of films, but personally i knew nothing about him so didnt care

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

3 is ok, 2 is garbage, 3 picks up some of the pieces, leans towards going off towards tonys dark days(i think he was a raging alcoholic in the comics) plenty of cool enough bits to make it worthwhile

what it does do is shit on one of the villains in a way that probably pissed some people off, they're even reintroducing him in the next wave of films, but personally i knew nothing about him so didnt care

Agreed about 2, one of the reasons I never went back to 3. I’d watched in a haphazard way initially (Guardians was the first one I ever saw and then probably saw avengers next) so didn’t feel the need to have that extra bit about Tony.
Yeah I know who you mean in number 3, like you I don’t know anything about him but many comic fans were annoyed. So will be interesting to see how they relaunch in Shang Chi

Edited by mikeyp102

20 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I will be honest and say I think WandaVison looks dog shit but I am more than willing to give it a go

From the trailers I've seen I think exactly the same. I just don't get what its supposed to be about? I'll wait for the reviews on here before dipping my toe in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

From the trailers I've seen I think exactly the same. I just don't get what its supposed to be about? I'll wait for the reviews on here before dipping my toe in.

i've not read too much about it but from what i can gather its her going crazy with grief following IW and using her powers to create a perfect happy world with her and vision which is all part of her having a mental breakdown

how that ties in to everything else, such as her from ms marvel etc i haven't got a clue, she's got a huge story arc called house of M which they are probably using as the basis for this but at the moment its hard to see where they're going with the whole phase, using house of M and secret invasion in TV shows doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me

agree that it looks weird and im a bit reserved over it both in the style, what they're going for and even the characters, i dont really care about scarlett witch or vision tbh

Just now, Seat68 said:

So far. 

Iron Man, pretty good. Fairly enjoyable. 
Incredible Hulk. Below average. 
Captain America. Solid. Liked it. 

Next up is Iron Man 2. 

Iron Man 2 along with Thor 2 are probably the worst of the lot. 

Iron Man 2 has a single great action scene, the Mk5 armour, and Justin Hammer's appearance. Otherwise it's a weak one - obviously knocked out quickly while they tried to get the whole MCU 'thing' on track. I actually like Thor 2 but can acknowledge it's a weaker entry. Iron Man 2 is just a bit rubbish. They flirt with the demon in the bottle story but then don't really want to go there so cock it up. It's the worst in the series by a decent distance IMO.

Â