Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Good episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Got through a lot of stuff this week, and benefitted from some returning faces.

Spoiler

Zemo! They've switched his character a bit, which is jarring, but taking him to his aristocratic background from the comics just about works (mostly because Bruhl can sell it) and I'm down for him in his classic get up.

Also really weird to hear a Brummie accent on a Marvel show, but appreciated all the same.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Good episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Got through a lot of stuff this week, and benefitted from some returning faces.

Hide contents

Zemo! They've switched his character a bit, which is jarring, but taking him to his aristocratic background from the comics just about works (mostly because Bruhl can sell it) and I'm down for him in his classic get up.

Also really weird to hear a Brummie accent on a Marvel show, but appreciated all the same.

Must’ve missed the Brummie accent, who was that?

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Must’ve missed the Brummie accent, who was that?

Morganthau, the girl with the Flag Smashers. On investigation she's actually got a Tamworth accent, but that's as near as makes no difference these days.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Morganthau, the girl with the Flag Smashers. On investigation she's actually got a Tamworth accent, but that's as near as makes no difference these days.

Is she a Tammy in real life?

One of the writers from John Wick was writing on this episode and it explains a lot. Very good episode, really enjoyed the locations and having Daniel Brühl have a load of screen time was also good.  

Spoiler

Personally I think the Power Broker will turn out to be the Mandarin. Sharon is clearly working for the Broker. Seen a few people think Zola may factor into this too...

On 04/04/2021 at 09:16, theunderstudy said:

One of the writers from John Wick was writing on this episode and it explains a lot. Very good episode, really enjoyed the locations and having Daniel Brühl have a load of screen time was also good.  

Reveal hidden contents

Personally I think the Power Broker will turn out to be the Mandarin. Sharon is clearly working for the Broker. Seen a few people think Zola may factor into this too...

Not a bad shout, will lead onto future films

Yeah really liked the look of the Loki trailer. I'm impressed at the inventiveness they're trying for over their Disney+ shows. Don't think there's a better carrier for a show about alternate timelines and branch realities in the MCU than Hiddleston's Loki

Spoiler

Damn, that scene at the end was pretty brutal. Kinda shot similiar to when Steve drives his shield into Tony in Civil War. Absolutley loving Zemo's character btw.

• Like 1

Decent episode.

I am kinda feeling like this is less than the sum of its parts. It's like we've had 3/4s of the series to get slightly more than the first act of the story going. I hoped for more.

Still, it's decent. I'm here for Baron Zemo - he's basically a different character to the one we saw in Civil War but I can accept a special forces guy on a revenge mission is different to that man when he's achieved what he wanted.

It feels a lot like Netflixs marvel stuff to me, always want a little bit more to happen each episode, some of them feel like a repeat of the previous one rather than really pushing it forward

But Netflix you could binge and this you can't, I think it's suffering from the weekly format

Â