Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Inevitable. By the time it gets a release it'll have been 14 months behind schedule and it's unlikely even then that there's going to be the kind of box office taking they'd usually expect, so they need to get it out and they need to give it the best shot at high takings.

They also shunted around some of the other releases, with MCU release Shang Chi supposed to release in February, got pushed to May, then July, and now September, following in the footsteps of the Eternals wish was meant to be out last November, got pushed to February, and now it's due to come out November of this year.

33 minutes ago, Chindie said:

People whinged enough about MCU stuff being discussed in the film thread that we should be careful that this thread be ONLY for MCU stuff.

So where do we discuss non MCU Marvel films like Into The Spiderverse and Venom? 

Decent second episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

It's still doing interesting stuff with both characters and there's been some nice nods from the comic. It needs to flesh out the antagonists a bit but I'm hoping that is coming in the next episode...

Spoiler

Zemo!

• Like 1

Still haven't finished Wandavision not sure if I will, the jingle at the end of episode 8 killed off my last bit of patience with it, I just didn't like the style of it

Spoiler

The it was Glenda all along bit... **** me that was painful

Loving falcon and WS though, obviously less creativity and more formulaic but thats OK by me, the relationship between the 2 of them will need to develop and move on which I hope the writers do, also interesting what they do with captain America 

Spoiler

He's going to be a hard character to like but that might be the writers intention, at the moment Id be happy to see him killed off 😂 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Still haven't finished Wandavision not sure if I will, the jingle at the end of episode 8 killed off my last bit of patience with it, I just didn't like the style of it

Hide contents

The it was Glenda all along bit... **** me that was painful

Loving falcon and WS though, obviously less creativity and more formulaic but thats OK by me, the relationship between the 2 of them will need to develop and move on which I hope the writers do, also interesting what they do with captain America 

Hide contents

He's going to be a hard character to like but that might be the writers intention, at the moment Id be happy to see him killed off 😂 

Spoiler

It’s that bloody chin, he looks like a young  Bruce Forsyth ffs

Excellent so far, really enjoying it

• Like 1

Great episode. 

It’s one of those series, that they are building up the characters well so even the antagonists you see there point of view. 
John Walker, is done well, and was starting to seem a decent bloke but then he threw out that line “stay out my way”. Can handle the shield well.

Some people won’t like it because of the race discrimination been shown but for me that adds to the programme. The “black” super soldier is going to be revisited I’m sure. 

How good was the scene with the psychiatrist, you could see the actors enjoyed filming that. They were trying not to laugh. 

• Like 2

I didn't like

Spoiler

the therapy scene.

I didn't feel like they'd really established that Bucky and Sam have some genuine animosity to each other, the kind of thing that would be addressed in therapy. We had seen that they aren't friends and antagonise one another but it felt like a reach for their relationship to sour quite so much.

• Like 1

Back to my viewing of the MCU films in order. I moved house so all free time is spent on that but today it was Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Loved this, really good and really like the ensemble cast. Possibly my favourite so far, right mix of humour and action. 

• Like 2

Finished Wandavision, thought it was alright and at least it kept me guessing with WTF was going on most the time. Good to try something different.

Really enjoying TF&TWS thus far.

14 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Back to my viewing of the MCU films in order. I moved house so all free time is spent on that but today it was Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Loved this, really good and really like the ensemble cast. Possibly my favourite so far, right mix of humour and action. 

GotG V2 is one of the more marmite of the 'good' MCU stuff I find. There's bits of it I really like, but there's also bits I really don't. It's got done of the best emotional moments in the series, but it's also got a weird... cruel... undertone to it in many parts that gives it a really odd tone. I also hate the revelation about Peter and despise some bits of the end of it.

But then you have

Spoiler

The quiet moment when Mantis experiences Drax's grief while he sits there stoically.

The moment Peter discovers his father killed his mother and INSTANTLY starts shooting with righteous hatred.

'He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy'

The Father and Son ending.

Which are all absolute top tier moments in the entire series for me.

It's probably a better film than the first one in many ways but I love that first film more. For all that it's got a pretty ropey villain (Ronan should have been more) and a basic plot, it's so good.

• Like 1

i think it has a fatigue problem that the first film actually benefited from, the first film felt incredibly fresh and new due to its style and soundtrack making it seem better than it was, the 2nd film already suffered from marvel taking over the world and for me personally a struggle to really care that much about it, it got lost in the noise, thor ragnorok 6 months later was a better film with a lot of the same traits 

phase 4 spoiler 

Spoiler

the pairing of them for phase 4 makes a lot of sense and should be very good, probably my most anticipated marvel film 

• Like 1

Â