1st leg pre match

Demitri_C

I’m perfectly happy for us to keep it tight in the first leg. If we get them back to Villa Park level or better then we will win this tie. 

If that means being a bit overly cautious in the first leg then so be it. This is knockout football now. Going gung Ho and getting caught on the break a couple of times at Boro could be a disaster. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m perfectly happy for us to keep it tight in the first leg. If we get them back to Villa Park level or better then we will win this tie. 

If that means being a bit overly cautious in the first leg then so be it. This is knockout football now. Going gung Ho and getting caught on the break a couple of times at Boro could be a disaster. 

Agree. We are a counter attacking team so as long the players are focused and on their game we can come away with a result tomorrow. 

On 08/05/2018 at 16:18, Stevo985 said:

The other thing that MIGHT happen is Kodjia starting and grabban on the left. I'd be very surprised, but I can sort of envisage it happening.

Kodj is getting closer, as well... to match fitness and finding the back of the net. Post against Derby...

Will be nervous all day, will be absolutely bricking it at 5:15pm.  Just keep ourselves in the tie and win the second leg well. Hope Terry has a Gladiator type speach for the players in the tunnel.    C'mon you Villa boys.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, terrytini said:

Almost exactly 36 years ago we might’ve been saying that about Nigel Spink if there had been an internet thingy.......

Bunn is no Nigel Spink though. I trust that Sam's girlfriend will do her bit by getting her Bunn safely out of the oven in time to ensure we don't need to play one between the sticks tonight.:D

Edited by John
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, John said:

Bunn is no Nigel Spink though. I trust that Sam's girlfriend will do her bit by getting her Bunn safely out of the oven in time to ensure we don't need to play one between the sticks tonight.:D

Or put a cork in it til Sunday ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The biggest enigma is whether kodjia starts with grabban on the shoulder and drop adomah who has been gash for a while now.

Or have kodjia on the bench  and start adomah.

One thing i will say is I think davis should be on the bench instead of Hogan. Hogan offers absolutely nothing but davis can really add something from the bench. 

Safe journey to the 2,000 making their way up there. Its a long way

Not been there since I was about 15 (45 years ago) I guess its changed a lot. But still a bloody long way to go

Hope the team do you proud

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Family always comes first. Always. 

Seriously? Bunn in goal equals massive risk - could easily be the difference (mind you so could playing Whelan) £100 million of TV money next season is more important than witnessing a woman's private parts being torn asunder all in the name of husbandry. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Seriously? Bunn in goal equals massive risk - could easily be the difference (mind you so could playing Whelan) £100 million of TV money next season is more important than witnessing a woman's private parts being torn asunder all in the name of husbandry. 

We'll agree to disagree then.