1st leg pre match

Demitri_C

Well the big one 1st leg at riverside. Absolutely vital we don't **** this up first leg. We don't want to be in a position where we are dead and buried first leg. A draw would be good as at a packed villa park I would fancy us to beat them.

Also 2k tickets for away leg is ridiculous. I hope that's all we are giving them for second leg.

I think the only selection question marks for this will be Adomah and defensive midfield - Adomah's not in the best of form and I'm not sure whether it's a Jedinak or a Whelan game. I'd expect Hutton at left back and I think the rest pick themselves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well the big one 1st leg at riverside. Absolutely vital we don't **** this up first leg. We don't want to be in a position where we are dead and buried first leg. A draw would be good as at a packed villa park I would fancy us to beat them.

Also 2k tickets for away leg is ridiculous. I hope that's all we are giving them for second leg.

I cant see us being dead and buried after the first leg. Have we even conceded 3 goals in a game this season, maybe once or twice?

But we have scored 4 a fair few times.

22 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I cant see us being dead and buried after the first leg. Have we even conceded 3 goals in a game this season, maybe once or twice?

But we have scored 4 a fair few times.

Problem is we don't do well at other grounds espically the better sides. We beat boro before pulis could settle in. This will be tougher for sure.

We are capable of destroying or imploding. I just hope for once they put the smiles on our faces and take us back where we belong

Is it Saturday yet?

This week will go so slowly with the suspense of this. I’m flying to Ibiza Friday for a family holiday, and I don’t think I’ve ever been gutted to be going on holiday!!

I’m sure Bruce will look to keep it tight first leg, and beat them at VP. Although, I’m sure we could outplay them at the Riverside and at VP. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Was Bradford the last 2 legged match we played? Let's hope the first leg goes better than that. 

Cant get Bradford out of my head. Mainly because a) I'm very superstitious about Villa, and b) I'm driving up to the game and back from London ... as I did for the home leg against Bradford (also, see point a) )

Edited by roonst83

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Is it Saturday yet?

This week will go so slowly with the suspense of this. I’m flying to Ibiza Friday for a family holiday, and I don’t think I’ve ever been gutted to be going on holiday!!

I’m sure Bruce will look to keep it tight first leg, and beat them at VP. Although, I’m sure we could outplay them at the Riverside and at VP. 

The family who raves together stays together.

• Haha 4

Boro have not beaten us at the Riverside for 14 years. We have since won four (4-0, 3-1, 3-0 & 1-0) and have drawn once (1-1). Let's remember our two legged games against Blackburn rather than Bradford. A one goal lead to take with us to Villa Park would be nice a two goal lead would be even better.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh god no. The horror.

Bent's miss from practically under the cross bar still gives me nightmares. 

I think we know most of the team. The only question surrounds adomah. He has been gash since the QPR game. Do we accommodate him or play grabban there with kodjia up top?

I'm not expecting bruce to take too many risks at boro which worries me. As it will be overly cautious.

I'm glad the home leg is a 7.45 ko midweek as those games are special at villa park.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the only selection question marks for this will be Adomah and defensive midfield - Adomah's not in the best of form and I'm not sure whether it's a Jedinak or a Whelan game. I'd expect Hutton at left back and I think the rest pick themselves.

Bjarnason?

I think we’ll need that mobility.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For the first leg, it's Jedinak for me.  If he plays like he did against Wolves at home then he's an absolute beast.   Agree re Hutton at left back and yes, the rest pick themselves.   We should have a strong bench too.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

For the first leg, it's Jedinak for me.  If he plays like he did against Wolves at home then he's an absolute beast.   Agree re Hutton at left back and yes, the rest pick themselves.   We should have a strong bench too.  

Yep, need that extra solidity that Jedi offers at their place. 

Grabban up front as hes the only one scoring at the moment.