1st leg pre match

Demitri_C

Need to start this game at a high pace and put some real pressure on their back 4, drag their attacking player back into defense right from the off. Get the music pumping in the dressing room give a churchillllian type speech. I'm sure whoever scores first will end up in the final. UTV 

From what i gathered from the press conference. 

We will sit back and contain them and try to 'remain' in the fixture by the time we goto Villa Park.

He believes 40% of their goals are from set pieces. Our experience is vital. 

Whelan and Jedinak will both start with Grealish ahead of them. 

Edited by KSV

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

We will sit back and contain them and try to 'remain' in the fixture by the time we goto Villa Park.

If we do that we will get spanked. We can't afford to sit back here and lose. We could easily implode as we have done in the past making the 2nd leg a almost impossible task. If we can somehow sneak a draw id be confident at villa park of a win

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If we do that we will get spanked. We can't afford to sit back here and lose. We could easily implode as we have done in the past making the 2nd leg a almost impossible task. If we can somehow sneak a draw id be confident at villa park of a win

I think thats what Bruce has in mind. Just because we are at home doesnt mean we are going to win. Go out there and win away. 

I agree if we sit back.. Adama will kill us eventually. Bad plan. 

Unless it's all mind games. Make it out that we're going to be a passive observer tomorrow and then when we come out of the gates fast we startle them. It's hard to know as I am sure Bruce knows better than to giveaway our game plan 24 hours ahead of the match.

Just now, KSV said:

I think thats what Bruce has in mind. Just because we are at home doesnt mean we are going to win. Go out there and win away. 

I agree if we sit back.. Adama will kill us eventually. Bad plan. 

Yeah i agree. Look at hull last time they went and won 3-0 away and then lost 2-0 at home. That is so typical of what villa would do make it look like game over and then somehow almost throw it away.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Unless it's all mind games. Make it out that we're going to be a passive observer tomorrow and then when we come out of the gates fast we startle them. It's hard to know as I am sure Bruce knows better than to giveaway our game plan 24 hours ahead of the match.

I'm suprised pulis has told us the team already he must be feeling very confident the arrogant sod

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I'm suprised pulis has told us the team already he must be feeling very confident the arrogant sod

Might be that Bruce is playing up to that arrogance. Make Pulis feel even more confident that he can all out attack, I just don't think Bruce will tell our opponents what we're going to do for the full 90 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Might be that Bruce is playing up to that arrogance. Make Pulis feel even more confident that he can all out attack, I just don't think Bruce will tell our opponents what we're going to do for the full 90 minutes. 

I dont know how i feel with bamford being a sub he is certainly very good at this level. If we can keep adama and assembolonga or whatever his name is quiet.

Downing is also dangerous but he is slow as hell so if we can ensure he is closed down quickly I fancy our chances.

Edited by Demitri_C

@Demitri_C I think we'll be fine. We know their danger men and will likely try our best to keep them quiet while they are in possession, but I hope the plan is that when we're in possession we take the game to them.

The last thing I want is for Villa to get this far and then throw it away by not fighting. We have nullified so many powerful teams this season while still playing football that gets at least a goal or two per game, we need to play like that again tomorrow.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@Demitri_C I think we'll be fine. We know their danger men and will likely try our best to keep them quiet while they are in possession, but I hope the plan is that when we're in possession we take the game to them.

The last thing I want is for Villa to get this far and then throw it away by not fighting. We have nullified so many powerful teams this season while still playing football that gets at least a goal or two per game, we need to play like that again tomorrow.

Totally agree mate. I just fear we may do a wolves away and just not turn up leaving us too much to do 2nd leg. I certainly agree we should be taking the game to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Great so sit back and invite all the play into our final third where the majority of any set pieces they get will give them goal scoring opportunities.

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce confirms Taylor axel and maybe Johnstone put as Johnstone expecting broth if first child.

What rotten luck. I don't fancy us with bunn in goal 

Almost exactly 36 years ago we might’ve been saying that about Nigel Spink if there had been an internet thingy.......

5 hours ago, KSV said:

I can’t imagine he will start both Whelan and Jedi. If he does, I’d say it’s a poor selection....it’ll one of them plus CH (or Josh, who is in a bit of form) as it has been so often, I hope.