New Manager Speculation

maqroll

He’s a young man in mangerial terms, loves the game, and has played at the highest level under good managers. Most importantly he’ll be ambitious for himself, which in turn will benefit us. No way he’ll want to manage Villa for too long, regardless of what he achieves with us. He’ll want to manage at the very, very top. I like the idea of that level of drive at VP. Fresh air. 

On 21/07/2018 at 17:22, osmark86 said:

Bring on Henry. Worth a punt if possible because, it's Thierry effing Henry.

It's a gamble, should he come, but one things for sure, he's a born winner with a loving passion for the game of football. Imagine the football we'd play, anything is better than the turgid crap that Bruce serves up.

• Like 2

I just hope people don’t get on his back if we’re not in the top 6 after 10 games. If he does come in, he’s got less than 2 weeks to assess the squad, make signings and put over some of his ideas to the team. It’s not going to be easy for him.

Having said that, I’m all for getting rid of Bruce from a football perspective. He was never going to be a long term option for us. He was brought in to get us up quickly. He didn’t. It’s time for us to move on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

He spends most his time in England watching Premier League so doubt he knows these Belgian gems unless he streams youth games from home

Lukaku is quoted as saying Henry has crazily deep knowledge about the game. The anecdote was that they, both being obsessed with football and watching all the leagues, had broad discussions on random teams in bundesliga 2 and so on. 

Edit: all said above.

Edited by praisedmambo

Thierry Henry. Thierry f***ing Henry. Well, he was probably my favourite player growing up. Absolutely loved the guy. His style of play and grace were superb. 

Now, as a pundit and a coach he is highly thought of it seems. Lukaku has praised him for his knowledge and coaching, but I’m not sure there is much else in the public domain?

From a Villa perspective, I can certainly see both sides of the argument. He could well be a great success and be ready made for management. He has to start somewhere, right? 

The flip side is the lack of experience holding him and us back, with nativity and questionable decisions. 

I think he has big enough bollocks and the ability to make this a success. I voted Bruce in in the other thread last night, mainly because he’s a steady hand; however if they do go for Henry, I’m fully behind it. It could well be a master stroke. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

He’s a young man in mangerial terms, loves the game, and has played at the highest level under good managers. Most importantly he’ll be ambitious for himself, which in turn will benefit us. No way he’ll want to manage Villa for too long, regardless of what he achieves with us. He’ll want to manage at the very, very top. I like the idea of that level of drive at VP. Fresh air. 

3rd richest club in England? I don’t see why he would want to go anywhere else other then Arsenal. 

I imagine Jack and all the players are very fond of Bruce and would be upset to see him leave, but the other side of that is, whose going to want to leave if you got the chance to be coached and managed by Henry!

Edited by Tommo_b

I feel confident 2 billionaires probably know how to appoint staff to work for them, if Henry is who they have chosen then they have obviously spoken to him and done other research and feel confident he will get us promotion eventually.  

So whoever is in charge I will support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the games about players, yes a good manager is a help but..this squad is weaker with no snoddy/terry/johnston..

so we have some brand new owners but the problem is spending ££ as ffp not a new manager.

were in a hole as overpaying wages etc, so will new owners pay top doe etc so its the same black hole if no promoted

when the results go bad after 6 games bruce will be sacked, he has spent nothing but 2m last year on whelan & elmo. brought in terry/snoddy/johnston on free & can not get ross out of his house gates yet but hes not a bad manager,he could have walked after wembley but hes here with us-changing manager is a gamble

if the new owners change manager, the new manager will want new players.. how with ffp is the biggest question ???