Holland v England/England v Italy

andykeenan

On 16/03/2018 at 18:24, Keyblade said:

Delivering or output or whatever is a meaningless metric unless they're putting up numbers that can't be ignored.

You pick the best players available to you, and in the best form. Is Jack better than some of those players, and in better form? The answer is simply yes. 

Your response to two Burnley players (who are in fantastic form) being in the squad was “who?”, but expect Grealish to be called up?!

lol. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Your response to two Burnley players (who are in fantastic form) being in the squad was “who?”, but expect Grealish to be called up?!

lol. 

I was being facetious, but I only expected him to be called up because other underrated players like that were, so I don't see how that's contradictory? That was the entire point.

Still think Grealish is plenty good enough for that squad and is in great form himself.

or we play a system that suits RHMs speed rather than KDs physicality?

i think the yoof levels of english football play some decent stuff rather than the stereotypical lump it up to the big man up top

does anyone know if it was a swap or did they get on the pitch togther?

Even more shock horror.  Some of the greatest football fans on Earth arrested in Amsterdam after clashes with the police yesterday.

"Them police was what was making things worse with their heaviness and things", Paul Smith was quoted as saying.

Twenty-five English football fans were arrested in Amsterdam on Thursday after violent clashes with the police.

An Amsterdam police force statement said the "drunken" fans had thrown beer bottles at officers.

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43520528)

• Sad 1

I despair with certain elements of England fans.

its great the national team get a big following wherever they play but some of the fans behaviour is embarrassing.

footage today of them chucking beer off bridges at tourists on boat trips below followed by a bike.

in a way I hope that lot go to Russia and get pummelled. 

• Like 2

Feel a bit sorry for Southgate to be honest, got a load of shite to try and work with.

When you are left with the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain as a midfield option, it shows the limited talent pool we have at the top level. 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Shock horror.  Jack Wheelchair ruled out through injury.

He's finished. Arsenal should bin him. 

39 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

its great the national team get a big following wherever they play but some of the fans behaviour is embarrassing.

footage today of them chucking beer off bridges at tourists on boat trips below followed by a bike.

Yep, I hope the 'thug' element get smashed in Russia. Awful fans. 

That and the **** band playing the same tune all game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, andym said:

Feel a bit sorry for Southgate to be honest, got a load of shite to try and work with.

When you are left with the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain as a midfield option, it shows the limited talent pool we have at the top level. 

He has improved since moving to Liverpool to be fair. Serious pace and athleticism in the team  also. Just lack a bit of guile in midfield, not enough good central defenders for a back 3 and no meaningful cover for Kane. Apart from that they are one of the better squads in the World cup.

An awful squad. No established gk (Hart shouldn’t have been selected throughout qualifying). Defence is woeful and will be pulled apart by any decent attack. 

Midfield just has pace, no one who can dominate that are. No one who has a wide range of passing. No who can make those clever intricate passes.

Attack without Kane lack goals. Sterling does well at city but we don’t play him correctly, so again all it is, is pace.

As for this line up, very odd, walkers main assist his is attacking runs, so why stick him at cb?

That forward line means we are playing 343, so why have wing backs? The Dutch are playing that formation correctly (and they aren’t even good). You only need wing backs if playing 352/532.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Most England fans who travel away are sad morons.

• Like 2

England are playing quite well really, the passing and movement is good. Only down side so far is Henderson trying long diagonals which aren't working.

Though this Holland team are either poor or don't care.

Â