Holland v England/England v Italy

andykeenan

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I despair with certain elements of England fans.

its great the national team get a big following wherever they play but some of the fans behaviour is embarrassing.

footage today of them chucking beer off bridges at tourists on boat trips below followed by a bike.

in a way I hope that lot go to Russia and get pummelled. 

I lived in Amsterdam for a few months, and at weekends it was embarrassing being British.  It was a sea of bell ends.

• Like 2

It really is an awful Dutch squad. Ryan Babel is on the bench :lol:

Compare to Dutch team of about 10 years ago and see players in squad playing for Palace, Atalanta, Brighton, Bournemouth it shows how far they have fallen. Not exactly missing any top players either

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bas Dost is woeful upfront for Holland, his attempt at hold up play is making my eyes bleed.

Thought Holland were starting Justin Kluivert tonight? They haven't got a bad defence or midfield but their front three are very poor.

Truly shocking player, no idea how his record at Sporting is so good, although it is an embarrassing league.

28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Truly shocking player, no idea how his record at Sporting is so good, although it is an embarrassing league.

He had a great six month spell at Wolfsburg. Pretty much a Darren Bent though, crosses in the six yard box he'll put away but hopeless outside the box.

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thought we were pretty good (though the media will inevitably go off the deep end) but I really do hate how international football has to be played at walking pace, for some reason. 

Business end of the football season, with the majority of International players likely to be playing for teams who have something to fight for... as if they’re going to go all out in a friendly. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Most England fans who travel away are sad morons.

"Most"?. I'm sorry but that is utter bollocks and quite why you would even suggest that , after a small group of idiots kicked off out of the thousands who travelled is beyond me. 

When i went to the euros in 2016 to watch england in st etienne (horrible experience) just talking to guys in the pubs there about marseille and russia so many of them said 10 minute walk and it was all avoidable, thousands of normal england fans sat in normal bars enjoying themselves not seeing any trouble

The cameras only follow the idiots, the social media groups with LAD and Bible in their names only show the idiots 

I can also tell you that in st etienne / lyon we were no worse than any other teams fans i saw but the attitude of uefa and french towards you is a different world, treated like something off their shoe, moan that english fans piss in the street when they provided a quarter of the toilets that they did 3 days before for croatia vs czech republic, the whole atmosphere changed for england 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Even more shock horror.  Some of the greatest football fans on Earth arrested in Amsterdam after clashes with the police yesterday.

"Them police was what was making things worse with their heaviness and things", Paul Smith was quoted as saying.

Twenty-five English football fans were arrested in Amsterdam on Thursday after violent clashes with the police.

An Amsterdam police force statement said the "drunken" fans had thrown beer bottles at officers.

(Link:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43520528)

Another 90 today before the game taking the total over 100, Expect there will be a fair few more tonight/tomorrow yet too

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

When i went to the euros in 2016 to watch england in st etienne (horrible experience) just talking to guys in the pubs there about marseille and russia so many of them said 10 minute walk and it was all avoidable, thousands of normal england fans sat in normal bars enjoying themselves not seeing any trouble

The cameras only follow the idiots, the social media groups with LAD and Bible in their names only show the idiots 

I can also tell you that in st etienne / lyon we were no worse than any other teams fans i saw but the attitude of uefa and french towards you is a different world, treated like something off their shoe, moan that english fans piss in the street when they provided a quarter of the toilets that they did 3 days before for croatia vs czech republic, the whole atmosphere changed for england 

I understand this to an extent, but we still travel badly. It isn’t the majority, of course it isn’t, but it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME England play outside of England. 

It’s a huge part of why I just cannot get behind the national team at all. I have no pride there. Our fans are clearings in the woods time and time again.

Over 100 arrested in Amsterdam now, mainly for being drunk and disorderly (of course, absolute lads) and some even booed the Dutch national anthem. Yet more **** great work done you absolute geezers :thumb:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

"Most"?. I'm sorry but that is utter bollocks and quite why you would even suggest that , after a small group of idiots kicked off out of the thousands who travelled is beyond me. 

A large amount of them are moronic louts, if they're not causing genuine trouble they're behaving like a load of dickheads bringing down the tone of whatever area they happen to infect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I understand this to an extent, but we still travel badly. It isn’t the majority, of course it isn’t, but it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME England play outside of England. 

It’s a huge part of why I just cannot get behind the national team at all. I have no pride there. Our fans are clearings in the woods time and time again.

Over 100 arrested in Amsterdam now, mainly for being drunk and disorderly (of course, absolute lads) and some even booed the Dutch national anthem. Yet more **** great work done you absolute geezers :thumb:

Spot on. I wonder how many of these tough guys will try this in Russia?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â