Holland v England/England v Italy

andykeenan

Having not paid attention to the PL for a few years, I've never heard of some of these England players that Southgate is blooding.

Fair play for giving lads from Bournemouth & Burnley some caps. Makes a change from if you play for Man Utd's 3rd team you get a game for England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good call by the ref there. 

you must be joking that is never a pen!  no attempt at a tackle just trod on his foot whilst running! 

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

you must be joking that is never a pen!  no attempt at a tackle just trod on his foot whilst running! 

I saw the replay and saw his foot was trodden on. That is a penalty. Ref was calm and made the right call after he saw the replay. Good job. Its a friendly, the players need to get used to this.

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I saw the replay and saw his foot was trodden on. That is a penalty. Ref was calm and made the right call after he saw the replay. Good job. Its a friendly, the players need to get used to this.

each to their own but that is never a pen in a million years!  he made the right call during the game and confused himself watching the replay. Give that decision to ex players as they will know the score when it comes to intent!

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

each to their own but that is never a pen in a million years!  he made the right call during the game and confused himself watching the replay. Give that decision to ex players as they will know the score when it comes to intent!

like Ian Wright, Slaven Bilic and Lee Dixon?

All said it was a penalty after seeing the replay.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

turned off watching Spain destroy Argentina.  Amazed they said that but hey ho.  VAR is pants think it will ruin The World Cup.

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It shouldn’t have been a penalty - the lad was already off balance and going down. If he wasn’t, sure, penalty - but he hasn’t actually been impeded by Tarkowski at all. 

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Any ex-player who starts on about intent is a clueless git because it has absolutely zero relevance to the rules. 

• Like 1

thats not a pen, theres obvious contact but its a natural coming together, the contact that is there doesnt cause the italian's body to do that, football is still a contact sport apparently 

VAR swinging a dubious decision that favours a team in to a dubious decision that favours another team....thats what it will do the majority of the time

I am quite enjoying watching England play. Not sure if we have enough to go past the quarters though. I get nervous every time we have at the back especially with Stones. Quite like Walker at RCB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I am quite enjoying watching England play. Not sure if we have enough to go past the quarters though. I get nervous every time we have at the back especially with Stones. Quite like Walker at RCB.

Same, at least Southgate is trying something different and looks like he actually has a plan he's trying to work to. 

• Like 1

Â