Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Snodgrass contributed to a lot of chances & goals last season, just wondering how we are going to fill that void...maybe Grealish will be more prominent?

As far as I am aware Barry Douglas has yet to complete his £3m move from Wolves to Leeds so if we could get him he would be likely to get some assists and goals. I have to admit that I would like Snodgrass as well but I doubt we could fund two deals if we can even find £3m for one. Sorry to keep banging the drum for Douglas but if we could do the deal I think it likely in time that we will regret not trying to bring him in or perhaps Mendes isn't his agent yet.;)

Just now, John said:

This one seems particularly fishy to me do you have any sauce?;)

Bloody hell I've had a long day, sorry, straight over my head, pillock aren't I. Dave Jenkins on twitter ( can be quite reliable). Would be good!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not, he was one of our best player from the right the season before last. We need to rely more on the players we own and bring our youth through. Snodgrass is getting old and last season didn't deliver at the biggest occasion (play off final), we need to move on.

Right now, Adomah seems to be useless everywhere. Hope that changes, because otherwise we're not going anywhere with this lot and manager.

Snoddy is getting old, but we really need someone to deliver.

• Like 1

Neves signed for Wolves for £15.8m (€18.25m) in the summer; his agent, recorded in the FA’s document based on filings by Wolves, was another Portuguese intermediary, Jorge Pires Serralheiro. The same agent acted for other young Portuguese players signed by Wolves who are commonly cited as Mendes clients: Pedro Gonçalves, Rúben Vinagre and Boubacar Hanne. https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/premier-league-to-scrutinise-wolves-link-with-jorge-mendes-1.3464960?mode=amp&__twitter_impression=true

If the Vinagre link is true it looks like we are definitely involved with Mendes. Although the player is not directly a client of his, the agent is a close associate. This is how mendes gets away with what he does... Have lots of associates doing the direct work while mendes keeping arms length legally but really pulling all the strings behind the scenes. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

If we start loaning players off wolves we will never hear the end of it considering how obsessed they became with us last season

It won't matter if we get promoted. Sure some Wolves fans may have something to say, but in the end we'll be in the Premier League again with some of the richest owners in world football. 

• Like 3

Really like Bamford at Boro. Holds the ball up well, has an eye for goal, has good feet and can also play in the 10 role.

Don't think he played consistently for Boro last season so might be a loan option too?

Edited by striker

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Really like Bamford at Boro. Holds the ball up well, has an eye for goal, has good feet and can also play in the 10 role.

Don't think he played consistently for Boro last season so might be a loan option too?

According to Alan Nixon Boro want 16m for him, as Leeds were interested 

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

According to Alan Nixon Boro want 16m for him, as Leeds were interested 

If that is the case then Bamford will be staying at the Boro for some considerable time scratching his behind on the bench.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Judging by what’s on show - we need at least one more CB.

a left back 

someone mobile in midfield

a pacy right winger

a striker

Depends if Bruce wants to continue with his 5-3-2.
if he does, you can add about 4 more players to that list.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Judging by what’s on show - we need at least one more CB.

a left back 

someone mobile in midfield

a pacy right winger

a striker

not too worried about the midfielder tbh I'd take another CB though and I'm with you :D

• Like 1

Â