Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is it not a maximum of 5 regardless.

I am sure EFL changed the rule?

Considering there is a limit on loans of any sort it is strange that we have decided on using one of these for a back up keeper.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Considering there is a limit on loans of any sort it is strange that we have decided on using one of these for a back up keeper.

I think it was a recommended signing that has been signed out of Brucies hands if you ask me...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think it was a recommended signing that has been signed out of Brucies hands if you ask me...

Yep all a bit weird! 

Especially as Bruce coined him one for the future. If hes one for the future surely we should be buying him?

Its not even as if we are setting it up to avoid FFP for this season as next year could be even tighter.

Edited by Nigel

32 minutes ago, John said:

I had thought it applied to loans as well but as you say not to out of contract players.

Hmm... I could be wrong but I thought they changed the rule so that when the window closes (for PL and EFL) loans can still be made so that once the PL squads are settled players (probs mainly youth) can still go on loan to the EFL or other PL. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm... I could be wrong but I thought they changed the rule so that when the window closes (for PL and EFL) loans can still be made so that once the PL squads are settled players (probs mainly youth) can still go on loan to the EFL or other PL. 

Yes, I could well be wrong myself. I think we have the rest of this month to make loans but no longer?

Very disappointed in our transfer movements thus far.  so much crap needs moving on and massive holes in the squad that need filling.

going into the 1st game of the season with only 2 recognised cbs is a travesty - especially as one of them has hardly played over the last 2 years.

i fear we will struggle against Hull up front too with only 1 fit striker in Kodjia - who is far from the player he was when he arrived here.

Yes we can bring in loans until the end of August, but that means the players coming in wont have time to settle/acclimatise to the squad and system and in all likelyhood the team wont be right for a few months as a result.

Looks like we will have a slow start to the season again.  A few poor results and the crowd will turn.  I have a bad feeling about this season...

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

going into the 1st game of the season with only 2 recognised cbs is a travesty - especially as one of them has hardly played over the last 2 years.

It's worrying we haven't even been linked with any CBs either. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

So much crap needs moving on

It's been that way for years because of the laughable contracts we give out nobody will buy our players. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

Would like to try to  Gareth Barry back from the Boggies......not included in the matchday squad for them today!  Would beca real calming influence in our midfield  and has the versability to play in several positions, in particular in 2 positions that we desperately need (CB and LB).

4 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

It's worrying we haven't even been linked with any CBs either. 

For me a CB and No 9 was crucial.

We need to be a bit more hard nosed this season and without the above, i don't see it.

32 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Would like to try to  Gareth Barry back from the Boggies......not included in the matchday squad for them today!  Would beca real calming influence in our midfield  and has the versability to play in several positions, in particular in 2 positions that we desperately need (CB and LB).

No no no

Theres a reason he’s not in the starting 11 at Albion 

40 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

No thanks, we need to be injecting youth and pace into our midfield not a slow, ageing midfielder that thought he was better than the club years ago (quite rightly but it still annoys me)

For me a midfield of Bjarnasson, Hourihane & Grealish will be miles better than the majority of Championship midfields. With Lansbury, Jedinak, Whelan & Doyle Hayes used well in games that suit them we have a very strong midfield. Saying that if the rumours of Ryan Woods are true then I would welcome him with open arms.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, holteendhero said:

I think it more down to his brother dying the other week in a car crash.

I’m sure that is why. He’ll be important for them this season, once his head is in the right place. We’d all need time off work if something like that happened.

• Like 1

Â