Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Why are people jumping on the 'working with Mendes' wagon? Just because the GK has him as an agent it doesn't mean he's going to flood us with young talent like Wolves. I'm sure Wolves are paying him very well for what he's doing with them and wouldn't like their local rivals getting the same benefits.

I don't know what you mean by jumping on the wagon, but people are just listening to what Alan Nixon tweeted about us contacting Mendes for top quality loans.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

99% bullshit but hey ho, it's fun to speculate,

Good plan IMHO. The fact he hasn't made a decision yet means he was always entertaining another go at Villa - whether he does or not we shall see.  

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Good plan IMHO. The fact he hasn't made a decision yet means he was always entertaining another go at Villa - whether he does or not we shall see.  

Snodders and JT coming back would mean carrying on with the close team bond they had last season- got to be a positive

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Snodders and JT coming back would mean carrying on with the close team bond they had last season- got to be a positive

Definitely. Both players were obviously so important off the pitch last season.

• Like 2

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Can't see it any other way personally. Effectively means anyone we now add is going to strengthen the team that nearly got promotion. Obvs will wait and see what happens, but all in all a good plan. Maybe this is the deal bruce has struck with the new owners, he gets his choices but also takes in a few for the future. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

1- Get Snodders signed up

2- Send snoders round to JTs gaff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Can't see it any other way personally. Effectively means anyone we now add is going to strengthen the team that nearly got promotion. Obvs will wait and see what happens, but all in all a good plan. Maybe this is the deal bruce has struck with the new owners, he gets his choices but also takes in a few for the future. 

I don't reckon Bruce is in a position to be striking any deals. He's not in charge anymore, as he seemed to be when Xia let him and Round/Wyness call the shots. Hopefully the new men will tell him it's their way or the highway. That doesn't, of course, mean that he can't suggest players. Woodburn, Snoddy and Terry being Bruce players that will still improve us, if we can get them without breaking the bank (again).

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I had wondered about this, maybe he knew something was in the air

I would take Terry back for another season if didnt have watch Jedinak at centre half again. A pacy defender to join Terry, Chester and Elphick be a good set of defenders at this level

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don't reckon Bruce is in a position to be striking any deals. He's not in charge anymore, as he seemed to be when Xia let him and Round/Wyness call the shots. Hopefully the new men will tell him it's their way or the highway. That doesn't, of course, mean that he can't suggest players. Woodburn, Snoddy and Terry being Bruce players that will still improve us, if we can get them without breaking the bank (again).

It's a big bank to break

Â