Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Game day! I’ve woken up feeling confident. 

I am also of the opinion that the ‘injury doubts’ are all part of the pre-match mind games. Grealish will play, although I did see Adomah feel his hamstring against Blues, but he continued. 

All being well I would maintain the 11 from last week, but only swap out Jedinak for Bjarnason for mobility. If Adomah is out I think we will see Onomah come in. 

I can see us winning again here. 0-2. Hogan and Grabban off the bench. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Need to keep it tight defensively tomorrow.....can't see us out gunning them.

Frustrate them stay in the game for as long as possible and catch them on the counter.

Probably the way to go. But getting in their faces might unsettle them. They will not have come up against a better team than we presently are. We are as good as anything in this division.

Took our time getting there, mind you, but as I always tell my children,``It's not where you start, it's where you finish''.

12 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Fulham last championship games:

Draw with Hull

Beat Ipswich

Beat Middlesboro (0-1)

Beat Burton

Beat Barnsley

Beat Notts Forest

Draw with Bolton.

I know they’ve done ok, but Burton aren’t very good, nor are Barnsley, or even Notts Forest. Bolton are fairly poor and still managed a draw, as are Hull who also got a draw. Beating Ipswich and Boro are the the two more impressive results... but we should not be worrying about this game, we can beat them and I’m fairly confident we will.

This post makes me feel much happier. I looked at there results, without looking at who they actually played. They have beat nobody. I would have been happy with a point. Now I see cagey win

• Like 1

Think our winning streak comes to an end here today.  But boy has it been fun.

Just hope the fans support through thick and thin.

It would be really good if we can get a result.  I just think the longer the streak goes on, it's inevitable end is coming closer. 

Watch us spank them 0-4 now :lol:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

This post makes me feel much happier. I looked at there results, without looking at who they actually played. They have beat nobody. I would have been happy with a point. Now I see cagey win

That’s it; while they’ve have a decent run of results, they’ve not really beat the top 6 teams. Not saying we have, although Bristol were 2nd when we beat them weren’t they?, just that I don’t see his Fulham side as some all conquering side which we can’t beat.

Edited by alreadyexists

In these sort of games I always say "I'll take a point" but in all honesty,  we need to be winning the matches against teams around us. I see no reason why we shouldn't win today. The winning run has to end some time. But its not going to be today. 2-0 to the Villa.

Fulham are the one team I’m worried about in the battle for second - don’t think anyone else in the play off places are a good enough side to outperform us for the rest of the season unless we go on a poor run. Would definitely take a point (especially as I’m going and I don’t exactly have the best record when seeing us this season), but don’t think setting up for one is the way to go as they are a good attacking side, so can’t let them have too much of the ball. Concerned about their left hand side as they absolutely tore us apart down there in the away fixture last season (although they have I think since sold their left back from that game), and Sessegnon will no doubt be a real handful for Elmo. Only change for me would be Bjarnason in for Jedi - if Adomah is injured bring in Green, if Grealish is then bring in Lansbury (if fit) or Jedi and move Hourihane to no. 10.

5 minutes ago, Carlos_the_third said:

Fulham are the one team I’m worried about in the battle for second - don’t think anyone else in the play off places are a good enough side to outperform us for the rest of the season unless we go on a poor run. Would definitely take a point (especially as I’m going and I don’t exactly have the best record when seeing us this season), but don’t think setting up for one is the way to go as they are a good attacking side, so can’t let them have too much of the ball. Concerned about their left hand side as they absolutely tore us apart down there in the away fixture last season (although they have I think since sold their left back from that game), and Sessegnon will no doubt be a real handful for Elmo. Only change for me would be Bjarnason in for Jedi - if Adomah is injured bring in Green, if Grealish is then bring in Lansbury (if fit) or Jedi and move Hourihane to no. 10.

I can’t see jedi being left out today .

• Like 1

They are a different threat and this will be a different type of game to last week. As such, I don’t think Jedinak’s defensive capability is as essential. They will most likely press us in possession. We may benefit more from having a better player on the ball with a better range of passing in the middle there - Bekir or Tuanzebe for me in this one

Edited by dnmacf
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Carlos_the_third said:

This I see as a problem. Tuanzebe was impressive when he came on, but might be too inexperienced at this time. The other choice wold be Bree, but again, there is the lack of experience. I doubt if Bruce will drop Elmohamadi.