Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

On 2/14/2018 at 18:13, NulliSecundus said:

Been to Fulham away twice... lost both times. Our record there is really shocking though... time to turn it around.

Between 2000 &2009

we drew 4

lost 3

Won 2

not great, but hardly shocking.....not sure, more recently.

I am more of the belief with the right team and the right approach, we can secure the right  result.History counts for nothing, its all on the day.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I can’t see Bruce dropping Elmo and don’t blame him.....it’s not about his individual contribution but that little triangles and partnerships are happening all over, and Snodgrass clearly benefits form the one he has on that flank. Additionally I wouldn’t like to see a rookie in Tuanzeebe play unless it’s out of necessity.

Just one change in the starting line up for me, Jedi out and Birkir in. If he’s fit Green would make sense on the bench - he covers, in one way or another, Grealish, Snodders, and Adomah.....there’s not much creativity if he’s not a sub.

• Like 1

Home advantage is historically a factor in this fixture. We nearly always beat them at home, and likewise they do at CC. But we are in the form of our lives, no better time to break the trend. We have nothing to fear, already beat them once this season. JTs due another goal tomorrow. Massive statement if we prevail. I really want this one just so I can be extra smug at work Monday.

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

I can’t see Bruce dropping Elmo and don’t blame him.....it’s not about his individual contribution but that little triangles and partnerships are happening all over, and Snodgrass clearly benefits form the one he has on that flank. Additionally I wouldn’t like to see a rookie in Tuanzeebe play unless it’s out of necessity.

Just one change in the starting line up for me, Jedi out and Birkir in. If he’s fit Green would make sense on the bench - he covers, in one way or another, Grealish, Snodders, and Adomah.....there’s not much creativity if he’s not a sub.

IMO Jedi was so solid on Sunday. I would play him again in the same role. We need to play each of the coming games as if we are playing the Blosers

Looking at the table and fixtures remaining. IMO we have the "easiest" run in . We need to make it count and automatic promotion  is ours

98 points is where we ought to finish. Pity as I had a bet on 100 goals and 100 points 

But would be happy with 98 :D most points ever is 78 in 1987/1988 season. No reason that this isn't beaten this year

This screams Millwall to me, the pace we could not handle that day although we were not as good then as we are now. 

But Fulham are a fantastic side, a point would be excellent there. lose and its only four points although their run of game scoming up is horrendous 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This screams Millwall to me, the But Fulham are a fantastic side, a point would be excellent there. lose and its only four points although their run of game scoming up is horrendous 

The fact we gained an unexpected 2 points on them after last weekend means losing this wont be as bad. Couple that with Derby losing this is sort of a free hit, but hopefully thats not how the team and management see it. We need to be ruthless now and look to win every single game.

This is greens chance to shine if adomah is out, he has to do what adomah did and take the chance so it is impossible to drop him. if grealish is out thats a big problem as onomah is not as good as him in my view.

but they dont sound like big injuries (fingers crossed) 

If there are doubts with those two id bench them both and play Onomah and Green.

This game isnt the be all and end all, and they should be protected for the run in.

It would be disaster if we lost either to injury.

• Like 1

Knowing the quality of Fulham, I'd be very happy with a point. If we get anything more what a statement that would be.

Fulham tend to struggle against teams that don't want to attack them. We need exactly the same performance as Sheffield United and hit them on break. We won't have very much of the ball, but when we can attack Fulham's defence isn't the greatest which is why they aren't currently in the automatic places.

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Looking at the table and fixtures remaining. IMO we have the "easiest" run in . We need to make it count and automatic promotion  is ours

98 points is where we ought to finish. Pity as I had a bet on 100 goals and 100 points 

But would be happy with 98 :D most points ever is 78 in 1987/1988 season. No reason that this isn't beaten this year

15 games left. Average 2pts per game would put us on 89 points.

A record of W10, D2, L3 sticks us on 91 points, think 98 is a bit optimistic that is W13 and D2! which would be astonishingly good. We'll drop a few points, and probably in unexpected games. Fulham are tougher, Sheff Wed beat Derby at home the other day, Wolves still to come, there's plenty of challenges.

But I'm feeling pretty good regardless of what happens tomorrow.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

My confidence in this game has gone if Adomah and Grealish are both out tomorrow.

Onomah and Green in and hope for a draw at best... hopefully Adomah and Grealish will be fit by Tuesday.

A blow sure, but we have a big squad for a reason. Chance for Green to come in and we go with a more solid replacement for Grealish in the middle. Still got Snodgrass, Hogan, Davis, Grabban available for goal-scoring options.

• Like 2

Bad news if Jack's out.  Wouldn't risk him, but make sure he's right for PNE on Tuesday.  If we are missing him and Adomah, I wouldn't be averse to stacking the midfield and going defensive - 0-0 or try to nick one on the break.  Doubt it'll be pretty though.