Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

3 dm's in there... Not going to be pretty, but at least the bench looks more attacking. Barney hasn't been great out wide, but maybe his new found confidence will come through. Plenty of free kick options in there. 

Hope it works out. 

So do you think it’s:

Johnstone

Elmo.      Terry.    Chester.    Hutton

Tuanzebe   Jedi

Snodgrass     Hourihane.       Thor

Hogan

Early goal from Snoddy and it’s all good... would deffo take a point though.

• Like 4

Just now, matteyp said:

So Hourihane playing in Jack's position and Bikir on the left, this line-up has nice balance.

Or  snoddy in the free role and Elmo right wing with axel right back :) 

‘in fairness there are a few players in there who can play several positions - let’s hope it comes good .

bbc wm suggest Grealish and adomah both doubtful for Tuesday with Grealish more likely to play than adomah.

• Like 1

I will say it now but will be utterly delighted if I’m wrong, I think that team shows the overly cautious side of Bruce we’ve seen too often in the past.

Yes a draw would be fine but in my view we shouldn’t start off almost looking for one. Lansbury, O Hare, Green, would in my view all have been better choices for ONE of the injured guys, then by all means shore it up later.

Birkir has done nothing at all to suggest he is anything other than a holding Mf.....

I don’t think it’s an awful selection but just the wrong side of the balance between a decent attacking threat and not.

We basically just gave one creative player and whenever he’s done that before we’ve been poor

Hope I’m wrong !!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure Hogan is the right striker for this formation. I think when we're able to play clever incisive football around him it works very well, but here things could be a bit more erm..basic.

I think you’re right. Only time will tell, but I can see him being isolated and having to come deeper to get the ball, and thereby becoming ineffective. 

Shame we couldn’t go for Hogan and Davis up top with SH making runs off Keinan... maybe we’ll see that later in the game if needs be.

On 16/02/2018 at 10:42, Shropshire Lad said:

Based on nothing more than total guesswork, I think at least one of them will play tomorrow.

Well my Grealish/Adomah guess coupled with my Gareth Barry character reference earlier in the week suggests I’m on ******* fire at the moment.

I genuinely think this will be a tough day so that’s a guaranteed Villa win then.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think you’re right. Only time will tell, but I can see him being isolated and having to come deeper to get the ball, and thereby becoming ineffective. 

Shame we couldn’t go for Hogan and Davis up top with SH making runs off Keinan... maybe we’ll see that later in the game if needs be.

Rather grabban than Davis 

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure Hogan is the right striker for this formation. I think when we're able to play clever incisive football around him it works very well, but here things could be a bit more erm..basic.

True, I'd have started Grabban.