Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Grealish is almost definitely out. Adomah has a fitness test today.

If Adomah is fit then I would go for:

Johnstone, Elmo, Terry, Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass, Onomah, Thor, Hourihane, Adomah, Hogan

If both are out then:

Johnstone, Elmo, Terry, Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass, Lansbury, Thor, Hourihane, Onomah, Hogan

or

Johnstone, Elmo, Terry, Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass,, Thor, Hourihane, Onomah, Green, Hogan

56 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If Grealish and Adomah are out I'd go back to what we used to do with just Davis up top. 

Surely got to be Davis up front, with Green in for Adomah. I would bring in O'Hare in lieu of Onomah. But I suspect if both are out we may go ultra defensive.

Davis and Hogan could be a bit of a handfull. We can still do it.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Grealish is almost definitely out. Adomah has a fitness test today.

If Adomah is fit then I would go for:

Johnstone, Elmo, Terry, Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass, Onomah, Thor, Hourihane, Adomah, Hogan

If both are out then:

Johnstone, Elmo, Terry, Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass, Lansbury, Thor, Hourihane, Onomah, Hogan

or

Johnstone, Elmo, Terry, Chester, Hutton, Snodgrass,, Thor, Hourihane, Onomah, Green, Hogan

Who said Grealish is almost definately out ? I heard Bruce say there was a doubt on both but they’d be assessed later - sounded pretty hopeful to me .

last week we were led to believe hogan was a major doubt - hopefully this keeps Fulham guessing until 2pm tomorrow .

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Who said Grealish is almost definately out ? I heard Bruce say there was a doubt on both but they’d be assessed later - sounded pretty hopeful to me .

last week we were led to believe hogan was a major doubt - hopefully this keeps Fulham guessing until 2pm tomorrow .

Gregg Evans said extremely slim chance of him playing. 

• Like 1

This is a massive game IMV.  Now I'd be content with a point, but I'm curious about how we'll do; about how we'll approach it with the run that we're on.  Because if we were to win it, I honestly think that's second place wrapped up.  If we can go to Craven Cottage and leave with 3pts then I'm sorry but no-one is going to take 2nd place off us after that.  So in a way, while a loss isn't the end of the world and a draw keeps us ticking over, I think a win would seal the deal psychologically.  This team would have so much belief, and the rest would think 'ah **** that'.

All that said, it is a massive ask.  Which is why IMO it's the toughest test we have left.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is a massive game IMV.  Now I'd be content with a point, but I'm curious about how we'll do; about how we'll approach it with the run that we're on.  Because if we were to win it, I honestly think that's second place wrapped up.  If we can go to Craven Cottage and leave with 3pts then I'm sorry but no-one is going to take 2nd place off us after that.  So in a way, while a loss isn't the end of the world and a draw keeps us ticking over, I think a win would seal the deal psychologically.  This team would have so much belief, and the rest would think 'ah **** that'.

All that said, it is a massive ask.  Which is why IMO it's the toughest test we have left.

Wouldn’t say it’s wrapped up if we win tomorrow but it will be a big step - 3 huge games in a week and if we could take 7 points we would start to see a gap open up .

beat Fulham and Preston and we’d be 7 ahead of derby when they kick off on sky on weds v Leeds .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn’t say it’s wrapped up if we win tomorrow but it will be a big step - 3 huge games in a week and if we could take 7 points we would start to see a gap open up .

I'm not on about the maths.  I'm on about the message.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2018 at 11:41, Demitri_C said:

Was just think that, and also delaney got a serious injury there. Its not been a great ground for us but time to put that right. JT will love it too 

I believe that was at Loftus Road when Fulham were playing their home games there for a while, but point taken about our poor fortune against Fulham. 

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm not on about the maths.  I'm on about the message.

Winning tomorrow would see Fulham off for sure ,  we need to keep taking it game by game and opening a gap .

Defeat for us tomorrow and Fulham would be within 4 points and in the hunt .

A real 6 pointer .

• Like 1

Was always worried about this fixture as we just never do well here but with the news that it’s looking increasingly likely that Grealish and Adomah are both out I can’t help but think we’ll struggle to mount any kind of a threat and struggle to take a point.

Without Grealish there’s almost no point playing Hogan as no one else can find and open up the pockets of space and drive at the opposition on the counter creating options and outlets that Hogan can exploit. We still have Snodgrass but our only way of getting Hogan involved is through his delivery which limits us. I’d throw Grabben up top. 

Without Grealish this won’t be pretty at all and I worry we’ll resort to hoofing it up. I expect Onomah to come in but he’s always hit and miss as to how well he plays. 

So my "No shave till losing" <try not to say that to the Beastie boys tune> is getting to the point where I'm tending to the beard like Charlie Dimmock molesting a tomato plant. I'm beginning to enjoy my beard as much as smashing the granny out of these pretenders! The beard will be happy with a draw, but promises to go full on Jedinak if we win. 

I'll be there tomorrow boys and girls as my not seeing them live hoodoo was erradicated last weekend, calling a 1-1 draw with a Hogan deflected 45 yarder! <3

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

So my "No shave till losing" <try not to say that to the Beastie boys tune> is getting to the point where I'm tending to the beard like Charlie Dimmock molesting a tomato plant. I'm beginning to enjoy my beard as much as smashing the granny out of these pretenders! The beard will be happy with a draw, but promises to go full on Jedinak if we win. 

I'll be there tomorrow boys and girls as my not seeing them live hoodoo was erradicated last weekend, calling a 1-1 draw with a Hogan deflected 45 yarder! <3

Hoofhearted - oct 2018 ;)

ad_151804294-e1416077383369.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1