Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

It's definitely growing on me. My only real issue is that I can't help but see West Midlands Village. The detailing and quality looks terrific in the close ups.

Rubberised badges are pretty common these days aren't they? I think it looks fairly sharp, and the way the lion is rendered looks really sharp. It's 2018. Badges don't have to be embroidered just because that's the way it's always been done. I do wonder how the badge will hold up after a few washes.

I was a bit unsure as to whether i'd like the Luke logo on the shirt, but he's made it fairly small and innocuous so I can't complain. I was half expecting it to be as big as the badge itself.

On 09/07/2018 at 15:04, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any particular reason we just have 2 random blokes modelling the kit and not our players?

Is the whole squad being sold?

Yes i wondered this too. Your telling me they couldnt have put green and davis in them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes i wondered this too. Your telling me they couldnt have put green and davis in them?

Maybe literally anyone is for sale?

Although i'm sure i saw a picture of Easah Suliman holding the shirt?

I think they're a solid effort for his first go...I would've liked blue sleeves...but the claret is not hot pink anymore, so it's a win for me. The brand logo needs improvement though. Is it a lion or a raisin?

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

KIt looks ok tbf. It’s that Luke logo that needs to change. What the hell is that thing! 

I know, I dunno if its a lion or a map of Britain

32 minutes ago, MapleVilla said:

I absolutely love both of them. But the price for me is a bit of a deal breaker. $90+ is a bit excessive. I always thought 45 pounds was reasonable. Are they really around 60 quid for one now?

They are £50 + shipping (£5-7) directly from the club shop for UK customers.

UK/CA exchange rate still being relatively high at £1 - $1.74 probably not helping you. 12 months ago it was in the low $1.60's & below which would have saved you $7-10

Was going to suggest that with Fanatics being involved it may be easier to get hold of them from the states but they charge $80US for MLS replica shirts which would actually be even more expensive for you if they priced these at the same

Edited by LakotaDakota

I just looked they're down from $90 USD to $75 USD. I looked on the online shop yesterday and it said $90 USD. I switched it to UK pounds and it said 60 odd pounds, now 56. Doesn't help when Canada and the US are arguing over trade tariffs and slapping excessive fees on goods being imported and exported. $80 USD is $105 CAD for me ? 

Maybe best to wait till I come back and visit and go to the shop!

I wanted a Toronto FC short. $120 CAD about 70 pounds at the time. I waited till the end of the season and got it for half. 

16 hours ago, MapleVilla said:

I just looked they're down from $90 USD to $75 USD. I looked on the online shop yesterday and it said $90 USD. I switched it to UK pounds and it said 60 odd pounds, now 56. Doesn't help when Canada and the US are arguing over trade tariffs and slapping excessive fees on goods being imported and exported. $80 USD is $105 CAD for me ? 

Maybe best to wait till I come back and visit and go to the shop!

I wanted a Toronto FC short. $120 CAD about 70 pounds at the time. I waited till the end of the season and got it for half. 

Might it be possible to get someone here to buy it and then mail it to you? Surely post & packaging + £50 for the shirt would be cheaper than having it shipped via official means? 

Was it definite that we have got a 3rd shirt as well or just a rumour? Would love the same design but in the ‘95 navy blue/light blue/red trim colours

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Was it definite that we have got a 3rd shirt as well or just a rumour? Would love the same design but in the ‘95 navy blue/light blue/red trim colours

I think there's definitely going to be a 3rd strip. I'm hoping for something similar to the green/black/red away strip.

• Like 1

I can get it shipped to Australia for Aus $102 ($12 shipping) which is so reasonable for a football shirt in 2018 i've now gone from definitely not buying it under any circumstances prior to the launch to now seriously considering it.

Â