Pre match thread

roonst83

Nervous about this one, as I tend to be when there's anything at stake for Villa.

Automatic promotion is so important this year, we just can't afford not to bag 3 points in this game.

The more points we gain, the less pressure on the team, and I feel that will be more beneficial than any hindrance for us this season.

I don't see complacency being an issue, rather chasing bets when the chips are down. So let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I don't care who we see on the pitch, as long as there's cohesion and chemistry.

Anyone know if this will be shown on AVTV to international viewers?

perhaps give Adomah a rest and start Green for this one, might give him the kick start again and continue that vein of form from earlier in the year

bench of Bunn, Taylor, Axel, Jedi, Lansbury, Adomah and Grabban please  

For me has to be a win as I think we might drop points against the blosers as its always a tight game then away to fulham which will definitely be points dropped. if we won next two and got a point at Fulham I would be delighted 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, villaglint said:

Garaunteed 1-0 loss. Nothing could be more inevitable. 

Almost thinking about betting on it such is my certainty. 

We are Aston Villa, have you forgotten the years and years of pain and misery? If I've learnt one thing from life it's that when you think the tables have turned its because the leg has fallen off and you're about to land face first on the ground. 

wait, so are you on top of the table in this analogy? what are you doing on the table? i need answers.....

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

wait, so are you on top of the table in this analogy? what are you doing on the table? i need answers.....

Correct, I'm sat on the table, eating jam on toast whilst reading the Pink and laughing manically at the apparent fact that we are the best form team in the entire country.

Isnt that how everyones coping with the current situation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, villaglint said:

We are Aston Villa, have you forgotten the years and years of pain and misery? If I've learnt one thing from life it's that when you think the tables have turned its because the leg has fallen off and you're about to land face first on the ground. 

Exactly how I feel. I hate all this massive confidence almost as much as I hate the angry meltdown when we lose. 

10 hours ago, Skills said:

perhaps give Adomah a rest and start Green for this one, might give him the kick start again and continue that vein of form from earlier in the year

bench of Bunn, Taylor, Axel, Jedi, Lansbury, Adomah and Grabban please  

Not a bad shout that, think we do need to rotate a little, keep Adomah fresh.  At some point I think Snodgrass will need a rest too.

Only Kodjia injured, so an otherwise full squad to pick from.

I would stay with the same lineup:

Johnstone 

Elmo.         Chester.      Terry.        Hutton

Thor 

Snoddy.    Hourihane. Grealish.  Adomah

Hogan

And Grabban on the bench to come on and score our fifth.

Edit: Steve says Grabban won’t be involved.

Edited by alreadyexists

I’ll be at this one so I’m naturally feeling more pessimistic than usual. 

I’m hoping for a comfortable win, but would gladly take a scrappy hard fought 1-0 win. The three points is all that matters.

I’d go with the same starting line up, hopefully with Green, or maybe O’Hare on the bench.

expect nothing more than a win. Anything else is a disaster. The table does not lie. They are bottom and there for a reason, ie; they are not very good.

This is a massive opportunity and one we must take. Simple as that.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2018 at 15:42, AntrimBlack said:

This. Also no packing the bench with defenders. We need to be winning this one.

I don't really like the idea. I don't buy that Albert is fatigued, he just had a poor game. He needs to get back in form, and what's a better opportunity than against the worst team in the division. 

On 2/1/2018 at 18:52, villaglint said:

So certain you almost think about betting ... you gambling man! ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Well, since we're not top of the table (at least, not yet!), the analogy is not applicable! Phew, dodged that one, it will be a victory after all. :-D