Pre match thread

roonst83

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Anyone know how ticket sales are going? I would think with how we are doing people will finally shake themselves out of the doldrums and try to get down there. I was wondering if the upper Trinity may be needed. 

Not great probably about 30k everyone saving their money for the blosers it seems. If we continue as we are should have big crowds vs wolves, Leeds, Cardiff and derby

Our crowds should be much higher, imo. They were better last year. Probably looking at around 32k for Burton. Our average will probably end up higher than last season with blues wolves Leeds Cardiff and Derby still to come. Anyway this should be a win, no excuses. I think Burton might make it tough for us though. 2.0 villa. 

I could see this be something like 2-1 it will be tight. they have added various players to their squad so we dont know what to expect but i think those thinking a drumming of 3 or 4 nil might be in for some disapointment as although we beta barnsley 3-1 we drew with millwall and brentford and only scraped a 1-0 vs bolton 

the big question is will bruce be tempted to stick or twist and go 442 with grabban? the 442 ruined burton earlier on in the season 

Edited by Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I could see this be something like 2-1 it will be tight. they have added various players to their squad so we dont know what to expect but i think those thinking a drumming of 3 or 4 nil might be in for some disapointment as although we beta barnsley 3-1 we drew with millwall and brentford and only scraped a 1-0 vs bolton 

the big question is will bruce be tempted to stick or twist and go 442 with grabban? the 442 ruined burton earlier on in the season 

Stick for me.  Same starting line-up, but with Grabban and Green on the bench, replacing some of the hundreds of midfielders (Whelan and the lawnmower lad).  Show faith in those that have won the last 5 and keep the strong team ethic that seems to be building.  Options to go more attacking or close it down, depending on how the game's going.

• Like 2

I worry about these games more than games against the better sides. If you don't score early then the crowd gets on your back and it can be a difficult day. 

I would go with the same lineup as the Sheff Utd game. Not sure who gets on the bench though?

Bunn, Taylor, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Onomah, Davis, Grabban

That leaves Samba, Bree, Whelan, Lansbury, Green, O'Hare, RHM, Gabby not getting a look in.

30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I worry about these games more than games against the better sides. If you don't score early then the crowd gets on your back and it can be a difficult day. 

I would go with the same lineup as the Sheff Utd game. Not sure who gets on the bench though?

Bunn, Taylor, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Onomah, Davis, Grabban

That leaves Samba, Bree, Whelan, Lansbury, Green, O'Hare, RHM, Gabby not getting a look in.

I would rather have green than onomah but no way will bruce not feature onomah in the squad.  

1 hour ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I thought Albert looked a little off the pace against Sheffield United so wouldn't be adverse to starting Green and having Albert on the bench.

This. Also no packing the bench with defenders. We need to be winning this one.

• Like 1

I think I'd still like to see a starting 11 of

Johnstone

Elmohamady Terry Chester Hutton

Snodgrass Hourihane Bjarnason Adomah

Grealish

Hogan

And have a bit more of a dynamic bench with some willingness to freshen things up earlier than usual.

Tuanzebe and Grabban to feature in that sense.

Hopefully will stay positive and alert. If we keep our concentration and are clinical in front of goal we will see a 3-1 win with Bent getting their one when we already have the 3

:flag:

giphy.webp

Hopefully just keep it going and get the win. It should be over 30,000 as I suspect all games will be now apart from maybe PNE mid week.  I doubt the upper trinity will be opened for this one- probably be for Wolves and Derby, maybe Cardiff and Leeds.  I wonder if Bruce will keep the same side or bring in one of the new boys? And will Taylor get  a start as currently he has a 33 year old ahead of him who is out of position and leaving in the summer- though he is doing a good job.