Pre match thread

roonst83

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I read this very differently at first glance. :blink:

He hasn't scored this season, Tuesday night was his first 64 minutes in ALL competitions. 

So we're definitely starting a goal down. 

Late fitness test apparently along with Lloyd Dyer. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There maybe 34k there today, and that will be with an half empty away end. 

Yeah just seen they have a pay on the day option available today,

Surprised they didn't all fancy an away day in Aston considering they could be going to Accrington Stanley in 6 months. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, roscoe said:

Is that AVTV?

Yep, it's showing up as being shown, 6 quid...I've used it quite a few times this season- decent picture, commentary is a bit meh, annoyingly starts just as players walk onto the pitch and shuts off at half-time etc but a decent way of guaranteeing the full match..will sign up again today..hopefully to witness our 6th straight win!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roscoe said:

Is that AVTV?

9 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

Yep, it's showing up as being shown, 6 quid...I've used it quite a few times this season- decent picture, commentary is a bit meh, annoyingly starts just as players walk onto the pitch and shuts off at half-time etc but a decent way of guaranteeing the full match..will sign up again today..hopefully to witness our 6th straight win!!

Just an addendum to this for those that don’t  know. AVTV stream live video to countries outside of UK and Ireland for £6 a game, or like £120 season ticket I think, but for those in the UK it’s just audio commentary. 

I believe there are illicit ways in which you can conceal your location, but I wouldn’t be privy to those. Nor would I advise acting unlawfully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Just an addendum to this for those that don’t  know. AVTV stream live video to countries outside of UK and Ireland for £6 a game, or like £120 season ticket I think, but for those in the UK it’s just audio commentary. 

I believe there are illicit ways in which you can conceal your location, but I wouldn’t be privy to those. Nor would I advise acting unlawfully.

Yeah sorry I should have added, I'm located in Switzerland now so it works like a dream over here...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Given his stats over the last 3 years the 10 men Bent will likely turn up.

His most prolific scoring season since leaving Villa was his 10 goals from 15 games in 2015, that was during his loan spell at Derby. He then joins Derby and scores 12 goals in 58 games.

I don't see him being much of a threat unless he's playing to impress Burton, but at 33 he may just be winding down the clock on his career at whichever team will pick him. 

Yeah, if Burton beat us today then i will show my arse in Burtons window down Merry Hill :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Banana-Skin.jpg

It could well be......and it all depends on workrate.

If we work hard and approach the game like true promotion candidates, there is no need to worry.

IF....being the operative word.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wedge said:

Presuming Grabban will be given another week before we see him in the squad:

GK Johnstone

RB Elmo

CB Chester

CB Terry (c)

LB Hutton

CDM Bjarnson

RM Snodgrass

LM Adomah

CAM Grealish

ST Davis

ST Hogan

Subs: Bunn, Tuanzbe, Hourihane, Jedinak, Whelan, Taylor, Onomah.

Let's fill our boots!

That bench is way too defensive. Bring in Green and/or O'Hare.

Just now, rubberman said:

Still a bit over defensive on the bench, but as expected.  

This. This team has been doing the business  - with the exception of axel / Elphick, it’s hard to justify changing a winning team. 

9 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I’m not going to be too vocal against the manager with our current form, but why oh why do we need so many defensive players on the bench?

You'd think one out of Jedi/Whelan would be enough, they were calling on a mower a winger last week, so maybe he counts as attacking now. No excuses though, we've got enough there to do Burton at home.