Pre match thread

roonst83

Agree that this should be three points, but we need to be professional more than anything.  Look at Liverpool the other week, going from beating top of the league to losing to bottom of the league. With the amount of games remaining, I still think there will be a few twists and turns and probably a couple of poor results. 

We need to stick with it a back the lads all the way. UTV

3-0 - Grabben to open his account

We need to win, this should be one of the 10 wins we need for the edge of automatic promotion. Would like a more attacking bench to either grab winner or hopefully rest snoddy and adomah and grealish if we're winning. Would be tempted to put Davis up fron and drop the cdm. 

Looking at the clubs online ticketing stuff there aren't that many tickets still available for this (around 1500). I don't know how reliable that is, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if there's any sort of take up on match day.  I'm guessing the club can't open the Upper Trinity on a whim, so I'm wondering if they'd put the Full House signs up despite a whole empty section.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only way we don't get 3 points tomorrow is if the team turn up expecting it like against Millwall. 

But i think with JT in the team nobody will be taking Burton for granted. 

I think we have turned a big corner since then but your right that JT & Snoddy will be going all out again to ensure we don't just kick back.

I feel as long as we get off on the right tempo we can see them off with a good few goals here without being complacent either.

4-0 and 3 points please.

• Like 1

Cloughie will have them up for this one. We need another win to press for second place. It might be a bit of a battle against near neighbours who would love to cause an upset but I'm going for Hogan to score our first and a 4-0 win.:)

11 hours ago, Denis242 said:

This is surely a must win! And I think well win. I dont think we'll lose.

But I think theres a possibility we'll draw 1-1 with Bent scoring the goal for them. Wouldn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

The Darren Bent of old was either unplayable or like having 10 men. 

Wonder which Darren will turn up today? 

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at the clubs online ticketing stuff there aren't that many tickets still available for this (around 1500). I don't know how reliable that is, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if there's any sort of take up on match day.  I'm guessing the club can't open the Upper Trinity on a whim, so I'm wondering if they'd put the Full House signs up despite a whole empty section.

I looked yesterday, and it seemed pretty full. No point opening upper trinity, it won't be worth it. There maybe 34k there today, and that will be with an half empty away end. 

Presuming Grabban will be given another week before we see him in the squad:

GK Johnstone

RB Elmo

CB Chester

CB Terry (c)

LB Hutton

CDM Bjarnson

RM Snodgrass

LM Adomah

CAM Grealish

ST Davis

ST Hogan

Subs: Bunn, Tuanzbe, Hourihane, Jedinak, Whelan, Taylor, Onomah.

Let's fill our boots!

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

I read this very differently at first glance. :blink:

He hasn't scored this season, Tuesday night was his first 64 minutes in ALL competitions. 

So we're definitely starting a goal down. 

41 minutes ago, roscoe said:

What are the chances of a live stream for this one?

Planning on waking up 2am Aussie time to tune in to another Villa victory hopefully!! 

For, what, 6.99 to your club your chances of finding a stream could be 100 per cent ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Given his stats over the last 3 years the 10 men Bent will likely turn up.

His most prolific scoring season since leaving Villa was his 10 goals from 15 games in 2015, that was during his loan spell at Derby. He then joins Derby and scores 12 goals in 58 games.

I don't see him being much of a threat unless he's playing to impress Burton, but at 33 he may just be winding down the clock on his career at whichever team will pick him.