Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's been some terrible passing and yes there is only so much he can do. But a manager can have an impact on how his team passes the ball. We've clearly set up to be a bit more defensive today, means less options for players and we seem to still be playing balls that Hogan is never going to control. That's down the manager IMO. 

But like i say it is working and our stats when scoring first is fantastic so can't complain. 

I agree that we're sitting too deep, or seem to be.

I kinda feel like he doesn't trust Whelan as much as Jedi, so we're a bit more defensive.  The irony is that this means GW is more involved.  The shackles only really seem to come off when Jedi is in front of the defence.

Some of the hoofs up to Hogan have been bonkers.  We need to start getting the ball out wide in the final third again and either crossing it or moving it across the edge of the box.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I agree that we're sitting too deep, or seem to be.

I kinda feel like he doesn't trust Whelan as much as Jedi, so we're a bit more defensive.  The irony is that this means GW is more involved.  The shackles only really seem to come off when Jedi is in front of the defence.

Some of the hoofs up to Hogan have been bonkers.  We need to start getting the ball out wide in the final third again and either crossing it or moving it across the edge of the box.

they don't go together, quite often 2 or 3 will push up and everone else doesn't bother

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Watching the analysis of Hogan's goal. His movement for that header was superb.

Yup, I'm happy for him. And us. Let's have another.

At the very least he's bought himself some more playing time with that goal. That's never bad for a striker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Though we have been sloppy with the ball I think some fans are being a bit harsh. Forest have kept the ball really well yet haven't had one shot on goal at home. 

Its not easy on the eye but so far it's a good away performance. I think we will see this out. 

Agreed. Forest really haven’t looked like scoring. This next 45 minutes is really important for us, with the potential to give us 9 points from 3 games. If we do it by continuing to frustrate Forest I will be perfectly happy. Seems a good chance we could sneak another goal too.

We don't sit deep instincively - it's trained into them. Forest are poor and if we pressed them, as we were doing up until our goal, we would rip these apart. But, clearly the game plan is to score, sit and protect, hit them on the break. Sorry but, I don't agree with it. OK, the stats are good - we lost 0 and drew 3 out of all games we took the lead in since last February - but we could do so much more if going for the throat in this game. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They definitely have - Johnstone made a save from someone (maybe Cash?).

If things carry on as they are, it's only a matter of time before Forest score IMO.  Hopefully our midfielders can be arsed a bit more.

Sorry I missed the first 15 minutes. I don't think have had a chance since as scored. 

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

All you Hogan Hater's , not so bad now, is he .,

Very happy with his goal. It's still 2 goals in how many games? 

Hope he continues it but lets not pretend he has been good enough previously.