Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

I'm not seeing the negativity. Forest are actually really good at keeping the ball. Look at their stats, they tend to have loads of possession, even against the better teams in the league. It's no surprise to me (or Bruce I should imagine) that they've had most of the ball. We have admittedly been a bit wasteful and have made unforced errors on the ball. 

We can do a bit better, I think we need our midfield to push forward a few yards, and make better decisions on the ball. Add a bit of intensity, and make it a bit harder for them in their own half. We keep finding ourselves deep in our own half with no option but to hoof it towards Hogan. That said Forest have hardly threatened.

Hogan took his goal well. But hasn't really been involved. I'll take that at the moment, Davis seems to be involved, work  hard  for  the team, play well but fail to score. 

Oh and Elmohamedy is cack. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

There's been some terrible passing and yes there is only so much he can do. But a manager can have an impact on how his team passes the ball. We've clearly set up to be a bit more defensive today, means less options for players and we seem to still be playing balls that Hogan is never going to control. That's down the manager IMO. 

He's a playing a 5 man midfield who aren't showing for the ball and, inevitably, our full backs (notably El Mohamady) are pumping it long for Hogan when we're under pressure.

Hourihane has been incredibly disappointing.  Forest are running this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Suprise suprise..

We have a good 10 minutes, go 1-0 up then in true fashion we revert to Bruce ball shit for the next 35 minutes!..

And yet despite the “Bruce shit” we are still 1-0 up. Almost beyond comprehension, isn’t it?

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Though we have been sloppy with the ball I think some fans are being a bit harsh. Forest have kept the ball really well yet haven't had one shot on goal at home. 

Its not easy on the eye but so far it's a good away performance. I think we will see this out. 

They have had shots at goal.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Though we have been sloppy with the ball I think some fans are being a bit harsh. Forest have kept the ball really well yet haven't had one shot on goal at home. 

Its not easy on the eye but so far it's a good away performance. I think we will see this out. 

They definitely have - Johnstone made a save from someone (maybe Cash?).

If things carry on as they are, it's only a matter of time before Forest score IMO.  Hopefully our midfielders can be arsed a bit more.