Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

Shit since we scored. Forest look shaky everytime we get forward in any sort of numbers, and they clearly cant deal with balls in from wide.

Yet we've spent the last 20 minutes aimlessly hoofing it forward. 

• Like 1

You would have to say if that game was being played in a European competition it's a typical away performance silencing the crowd while getting an away goal but my God that was awful football by Villa.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Loads.  He's having a really poor game.

In the Brizzle City match we saw the full backs being really effective too, but they've both been absolute garbage so far today.

I don't think we can overstate exactly how much Jedi makes this team tick. It's always so disjointed without him. Against Bristol it allowed Conor to buzz around and Grealish could pick the ball up much further forward. I bet the majority of Jacks touches today have been in our half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

On several occasions we've seen three Villa players in a nice triangle to pass round the opposition and one of them has just given it away.

When I posted that, it was Hutton, Grealish and Adomah - Adomah just lazily flicked it to the Forest defender.

There's only so much the manager can do.  He's not sat there with a Xbox controller...

There's been some terrible passing and yes there is only so much he can do. But a manager can have an impact on how his team passes the ball. We've clearly set up to be a bit more defensive today, means less options for players and we seem to still be playing balls that Hogan is never going to control. That's down the manager IMO. 

But like i say it is working and our stats when scoring first is fantastic so can't complain. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terrible game negative tactics vs negative tactics 

Villa leading 1-0 makes it much less than terrible for me. If we played “positively” and lost say 2-3 I would be extremely cross with Bruce.

Edited by briny_ear