Sexism

Brumerican

Today's S*n is celebrating '100 years of women' with a picture of Kate Moss on the front, pulling her nighty up so you can almost, but not quite, see her beef curtains.

I'm not sure they've quite got this feminism thing right? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Well in the case of F1 they have been replaced with kids, like the mascot kids who lead the players out at football games, which is pretty cool. 

If you can't exploit women at least exploit kids! :P

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Today's S*n is celebrating '100 years of women' with a picture of Kate Moss on the front, pulling her nighty up so you can almost, but not quite, see her beef curtains.

Ah but she's a champion, she can snort more coke than almost anyone alive. She really does break down those barriers

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Possibly a little trite, but today a female contestant on pointless said that their occupation was an “actor”, after which my dad asked me if “actress” is now considered sexist. 

I said I thought it was down to the individual, if a woman wants to say she’s an actor or actress it’s fine either way. But at the same time people shouldn’t get too hung up on  it and there are bigger issues than that. Ditto chairman/chairperson and the like.

Is that about right?

Our Prime Minister recently took this line of thinking too far.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah but she's a champion, she can snort more coke than almost anyone alive. She really does break down those barriers

She's also seen more cockends than weekends. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I've heard some absolutely outrageous eyewitness accounts of her extracurricular activities over the years.

*Obviously, not a single one of them was true... <cough>

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've heard some absolutely outrageous eyewitness accounts of her extracurricular activities over the years.

*Obviously, not a single one of them was true... <cough>

They probably all were. I mean come on... Pete Doherty. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Imagine the Suffragettes being around today.

The Sun would be dragging them over the coals. Standing up for women's rights? They wouldn't be having that

Emma-Watson-the-Sun.jpg

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine the Suffragettes being around today.

The Sun would be dragging them over the coals. Standing up for women's rights? They wouldn't be having that

Emma-Watson-the-Sun.jpg

She's more than happy to take money for sexy photo shoots.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

She's more than happy to take money for sexy photo shoots.

That’s her right to be fair. Nobody minds when Beckham does things for UNICEF and then models in just his briefs, for example.

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So I take it now they are stopping women in the F1 they will stop the diet coke ads with the men without their tops on?

Probably not as only the objectification of women is wrong. As apparently all men are stupid, sex offending racist bigoted misogynists then they are fair game. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

So?

It came across very hypocritical in many peoples eyes to do a topless shoot given what she preaches. Of course her counter argument is that she is free to do what she wants (same as everyone else in the free world) which is right. It’s a bit of an own goal in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Probably not as only the objectification of women is wrong. As apparently all men are stupid, sex offending racist bigoted misogynists then they are fair game. 

Not sure what scantily clad models in advertisements (of which there are exponentially more women in any case) have to do with the women at races. Apples to oranges. F1 and Coke aren't even the same brand ffs.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Today's news about Tesco's 'discriminatory' pay pisses me right off.

It boils down to warehouse workers, who do hard, physical work, being paid more than the shop staff. 

Shop staff get paid X, including the men who work there, warehouse staff get paid Y, including the women who work there. Most women work in the shop rather than doing dirty work with loads of heavy lifting in the warehouse, and now suddenly this is a gender pay gap issue.

It's an utter load of bollocks.

The warehouse pay is basically shit job danger money, the shop floor is just shit job money.

It's nothing to do with gender.

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

It came across very hypocritical in many peoples eyes to do a topless shoot given what she preaches. Of course her counter argument is that she is free to do what she wants (same as everyone else in the free world) which is right. It’s a bit of an own goal in my opinion.

I think a lot of people don't understand what she "preaches" then.

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not sure what scantily clad models in advertisements (of which there are exponentially more women in any case) have to do with the women at races. Apples to oranges. F1 and Coke aren't even the same brand ffs.

I was talking more broadly rather than the specifics mentioned. I think that was obvious from the sarcastic tone.

Edited by Ingram85

Â