Sexism

Brumerican

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I agree it sounds like his speech was poor, whether it was misunderstood or misjudged. I didn’t see it myself, I’m just going off that statement above. 

Again though, he doesn’t say in that statement that Tim Peak, Gareth Bale, Lewis Hamilton etc don’t exist as positive role models for boys, what it says is many boys role models are ‘increasingly’ criminal, not ‘totally’ criminal. 

Sure, but like, is there any actual evidence for this, or is this purely just vibes man?

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It comes across like a deluded politician believing that its not the social or economical changes and problems in a young boys environment that's leading him to crime its the lack of a strong male role model on TV

To be honest, it comes across as a middle aged bloke not being happy that there are more female lead roles happening in the entertainment world. 

• Like 2

It’s utter out of touch nonsense of course considering the multitude of positive male role models there are but I took it more to be talking about dealing with the lack of original female role models by clumsily retconning traditionally male characters into females. I.e Dr Who, Ghostbusters, potentially Bond etc…

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s utter out of touch nonsense of course considering the multitude of positive male role models there are but I took it more to be talking about dealing with the lack of original female role models by clumsily retconning traditionally male characters into females. I.e Dr Who, Ghostbusters, potentially Bond etc…

Which is also nonsense as well to be fair

Â