The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

You cant decide offside by pausing it when the ball is played and drawing lines. The system was brought in to eliminate clear and obvious errors. If you need to draw 10 lines to check whether someone's shoulder is offside, your game is fundamentally broken. 

2 weeks in a row ruined by this shit, I'm just losing my love for the game. 

• Like 1

It's shit 

This is what the PL wants, not sure if it's because they dont really what the system so are trying to discredit it or if they want the controversy to keep the social media traffic

But its shit

Can't complain too much about the offside ones because they're consistent, this is as bad as the Wes one last season and no doubt at some point we will benefit from exactly the same but no one wants this

I’m genuinely in disbelief at the level of stupidity going into the implementation of this system. It is completely and entirely ruining the fun of the game. How can they not see it? I’m so angry I could explode at any minute. They’re killing my sport.

• Like 2

When something that is brought in causes more controversy than what it was supposed to replace, there are clearly serious issues.

When players, managers, commentators, journalists, every major media handle, etc., are taking the piss out of it, there are clearly serious issues.

Course of action by those in charge: draw more lines on the screen. FFS.

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

He's offside because Ogbonna has pushed him, so why the **** didn't we get a penalty?

Yep exactly. Ogbonna is all over him and he's the reason why Watkins is offside. It's a complete joke. 

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Had enough of this now.  It's a joke of a system. Drawing lines on elbows to confirm an offside? FIFA /UEFA need to admit its not working and drop it at the end of the season. 

but its only wrong in the Premier League, this crap doesnt happen as often elsewhere. Premier League are so arrogant that they use a different system than all other leagues

• Like 1

Absolute spot on from Jamie Carragher. Surprised I could understand him, but he was just going on about how Watkins was only offside because (1) his shirt sleeve is longer and (2) Ogbonna was grappling him so he was using his arms to get free. So, offside because of kit manufacturer and being fouled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but its only wrong in the Premier League, this crap doesnt happen as often elsewhere. Premier League are so arrogant that they use a different system than all other leagues

Absolutely this is on the FA/PGMOL, two organisations that for some reason have just stubbornly refused to learn from any other sport or try to improve themselves.

So @Stevo985 i clicked on the opening of this thread you were a strong advocat of it. Do you still feel this way? Not picking on you, generally asking as you were one really in favour of it. So i would like to see if you still feel the same?

For me VAR has absolutely killed the game. Its just not fun anymore. Its a **** disaster.

Â