January transfer window 2018

Jareth

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I suppose it depends what he wants for the next 6 months. If he joins us and performs he’s every chance of being our first choice striker. But, if he’s prefer to go to wolves he’ll have to be content with being a more bit part player. 

But he’s been there before and they’re pretty much guaranteed promotion now so that will be tempting.

He'd come here and be a back up for Hogan at the moment. He'd be in the same spot if he joined Wolves. Can't see him joining us if Wolves really are interested. 

Honestly at this point I say just let McCormack be our back up striker. He can also play Grealish's role so he fills two needs. We then also have Davis and Murphey, and Gabby if he ever is fit. I think we are okay in the striker spot already.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is probably better than Hogan. 

Maybe, but Hogan had a better championship record than Afobe. Plus now we can see Hogan flourish with having a proper attacking mid behind him. Maybe Afobe would also work with the team, but my point is I am not changing the team at all at the moment. It would taken Hogan going on a pretty bad scoreless run again for me to consider dropping him. 

Hogan is a completely different player with a strong attacking midfield behind him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

Maybe, but Hogan had a better championship record than Afobe. Plus now we can see Hogan flourish with having a proper attacking mid behind him. Maybe Afobe would also work with the team, but my point is I am not changing the team at all at the moment. It would taken Hogan going on a pretty bad scoreless run again for me to consider dropping him. 

Hogan is a completely different player with a strong attacking midfield behind him. 

Hogan rarely sees out 90 minutes. Afobe would be a good option to mix things up. I see what you mean about not wanting to go to a team to be second striker. But I think it would be more of a case of 2 strikers battling for one spot. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hogan rarely sees out 90 minutes. Afobe would be a good option to mix things up. I see what you mean about not wanting to go to a team to be second striker. But I think it would be more of a case of 2 strikers battling for one spot. 

I'd be completely fine with Afobe coming here and being the guy to come off the bench. We need someone like Hogan late game pressuring the defense. Keinan provides almost no pressure whenever he comes on which always allows the opposing team to build out of the back. 

I just don't want Afobe coming here and being thrown into our XI, or Bruce changing out formation to accommodate him. I also personally think we should be saving our money and giving McCormack a go since our players are significantly better than last season. If I was Ross, I'd want to get out on the pitch with Snodgrass, Adomah, Grealish, and Hourihane playing behind me. 

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd be completely fine with Afobe coming here and being the guy to come off the bench. We need someone like Hogan late game pressuring the defense. Keinan provides almost no pressure whenever he comes on which always allows the opposing team to build out of the back. 

I just don't want Afobe coming here and being thrown into our XI, or Bruce changing out formation to accommodate him. I also personally think we should be saving our money and giving McCormack a go since our players are significantly better than last season. If I was Ross, I'd want to get out on the pitch with Snodgrass, Adomah, Grealish, and Hourihane playing behind me. 

Ross coming good would be the perfect scenario. 

Its crazy how we have one of the most prolific strikers in the history of the league in the squad but he's useless. If any we could get him performing again.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ross coming good would be the perfect scenario. 

Its crazy how we have one of the most prolific strikers in the history of the league in the squad but he's useless. If any we could get him performing again.

Think one one the most prolific scorers  in the history of the league is stretching it slightly :)

133 goals in 11 seasons is only an average of 12 per season , had you said in recent years I’d agree but not in the history 

Edited by Eastie

As others have said, A fit and focused RMC not only acts as a good striker option, but also good back up to Grealish. 

I just get the impression that particular ship has sailed. I'd be very suprised to see him back in the team. Like Gabby and Richards I've kind of put him out my thinking with regard to being a club asset. 

I'd love to be proved wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

History of the 'Championship'?

Fair enough in that case - although he’s been in this league 11 years without a premier league team taking a punt on him 

Edited by Eastie

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

Think Nakhi Wells would be better than Afobe

Jermaine Defoe would be a good shout - hardly getting many games at Bournemouth although afobe and wells are both useful too

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Afobe can play anywhere across the line? Much like Tuanzebe he would give us an option in multiple positions, crucial at this point in the season. 

Good experience at this level too doug, could be a very useful addition if we get this one done. Another multiple positions in one signing player at the top end of the pitch.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Maybe his old mate big Sam will help with someone from Everton :)

This has reminded me of an interview where big Sam said Calvert Lewin needs game time, would be a brilliant signing on loan till the summer imo, would like to see him here.

I think we're after an older head though purely because he keeps saying if Hogan is injured we'll be relying on the academy, so he won't want to add another youngster. 

• Like 1