January transfer window 2018

Jareth

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Looks good to me - he'd fit in to our system pretty comfortably. Yes it's a poor League but he's 20 and had to start somewhere - a glance at Adomah's career shows where you start our doesn't matter. 

Would you agree that Adomah's career has not really took off until Villa and the age he is now.

On that basis should we let this other chap go to a few other clubs first and sign him in 10 years to get the same Adomah effect?  :D 

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would you agree that Adomah's career has not really took off until Villa and the age he is now.

On that basis should we let this other chap go to a few other clubs first and sign him in 10 years to get the same Adomah effect?  :D 

Adomah's career has been one of gradual progression - he's always moved to a bigger club. Think he found his level in the upper echelons of the Champ though. 

Aged 20 he was still at Harrow Borough before he moved up several tiers on the pyramid  to league 2. The LOI to Championship is a bigger jump than that, granted. 

Low risk, looks like he athleticism and application, I'd give him the chance. 

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Adomah's career has been one of gradual progression - he's always moved to a bigger club. Think he found his level in the upper echelons of the Champ though. 

Aged 20 he was still at Harrow Borough before he moved up several tiers on the pyramid  to league 2. The LOI to Championship is a bigger jump than that, granted. 

Low risk, looks like he athleticism and application, I'd give him the chance. 

Our next Micheal Boulding then perhaps.

I agree with where you are coming from but hopefully after May we will be back where we belong and setting our sights higher.. I hope. :huh:

He might have potential, but signing a 20 year old striker from Limerick is unlikely to give us much a benefit this season. Given our position we should be trying to loan in the best possible option that we can get to try and secure promotion this season.

Not against signing this lad, however I would hope that we are also looking at a more experienced striker as well.

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Our next Micheal Boulding then perhaps.

I agree with where you are coming from but hopefully after May we will be back where we belong and setting our sights higher.. I hope. :huh:

Hopefully - don't think the fee or wages involved is going to prohibit that at all and I think we could do with a few more options on the wings, so we can give the current lads a rest if we need to. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Never heard of him, anyone know anything about him? 

Seen him play for Limerick alright but the step up from league of Ireland to championship is enormous. The last lad that we tried that with was Kevin toner and he's playing non league now. 

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Seen him play for Limerick alright but the step up from league of Ireland to championship is enormous. The last lad that we tried that with was Kevin toner and he's playing non league now. 

that was Enda Stevens and he is above us in the Championship now ;)

Toner is also in League 2

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The lovely nurse had said,

You should go right home to bed,

And he walked all the way there with a semi.

When he got home,

He reached for his bone,

But it felt too loose,

Cause' all he could think of was Steve Bruce.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Jareth said:

Limerick eh?

There once was a lad called Ogbene

Who swallowed a packet of rennie

His stomach was sore

Until he scored four

And the crowd all thought it was Messi