VillaTalk Deadpool 2017

Jimzk5

I can't even imagine how many times I listened to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Haven't listened to anything they've put out in years, but I still occasionally listen to the old ones when I'm feeling shit.

He's spoken a lot about his mental health issues, as well as past trauma. Scary to think that someone could publicly cry out for help by openly saying they thought about suicide still couldn't get the help they needed.

I've got to be honest I thought they had disappeared probably about 10 years ago, it was only when I went on a Chris Cornell binge on YouTube that it threw up a video of him singing with Linkin Park, I don't think I've heard of them since their 'Crawlin' days.

That's not having a pop at them as a band, more at myself I suppose for being so out of touch.

It's a **** shame regardless, when was the last time they had a 'hit' or 'big song' that I would know of?

58 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Just read that he was good friends with Chris Cornell and he just so happened to die on his birthday, probably a coincidence but it's still pretty **** up

They were best friends. It might not have been the cause, but it was almost certainly the trigger. 

Like a few here, I doubt I could spot an LP track but it's still awful to hear that someone has ended themselves in such circumstances. A friend of a friend did it recently and the repercussions are huge for those left behind but to be in that position where you see no other way out must be the darkest place. There but for the grace of god and all that.

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They were best friends. It might not have been the cause, but it was almost certainly the trigger. 

Yes must have played a part, I was reading an article in the last week or 2 that their latest album got massively criticised by fans. I have no idea how big his input is into their songs but for a man that has had a history of issues he's had an awful lot to deal with recently if has been struggling.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

11 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I've got to be honest I thought they had disappeared probably about 10 years ago, it was only when I went on a Chris Cornell binge on YouTube that it threw up a video of him singing with Linkin Park, I don't think I've heard of them since their 'Crawlin' days.

That's not having a pop at them as a band, more at myself I suppose for being so out of touch.

It's a **** shame regardless, when was the last time they had a 'hit' or 'big song' that I would know of?

Last big release I can remember was A thousand Suns around 2010. I remember loving their new style of sound which started with minutes to midnight in 2007.

They kind of tailed off a bit after that and their most recent newish album was a bit pap by all accounts.

Edited by Ingram85

Not a massive fan of Linkin Park but do have Numb and In The End on a Spotify playlist. 

Feel sorry for his kids. 

On 7/20/2017 at 20:28, Chindie said:

It's prompted me to look up some of the stuff they did in recent years, as the last song I remember them doing was 'What I've Done', which I recall not much liking.

**** me they did some shit after Meteora. I mean loads of the stuff before that was rubbish too but it had something about it and there's a couple of gems (of their time, especially if you're 14 when you're listening) in there. After? ****. They appear to have become a really bad Coldplay knock-off by the end.

"What I've done" wasn't recent, came out when I was still at Secondary School (I left in 2007). I still understand your point though.

Regardless LP will always have the early days and were fantastic the two occasions I saw them live at Download. I believe they played Barclaycard arena just two weeks ago. Real shame.

23 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Still regulars at a few of the big festivals. Did Hellfest a few weeks back and had a special Hybrid Theory set at Download 2014. I was watching Status Quo at that time. :ph34r:

I remember when they really took off. Not my cup of tea at all. Obviously these people are having serious issues to commit suicide. I just hope some vulnerable young people don't see it as glamorisation and think it's the thing to do. I cannot imagine how dark a place you are in to attempt suicide. 

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

"What I've done" wasn't recent, came out when I was still at Secondary School (I left in 2007). I still understand your point though.

Regardless LP will always have the early days and were fantastic the two occasions I saw them live at Download. I believe they played Barclaycard arena just two weeks ago. Real shame.

Yeah I know. I mean I haven't heard anything they'd done in years. The last thing I heard from them was a decade ago. And it wasn't very good and appears it was downhill from there.

But I do kinda line some stuff off the first 2 albums, and some of the remix stuff. Even if I acknowledge whilst liking it they're a bit crap. It's the embodiment of angst.

Re: the Pennington/Cornell deaths...both a stark reminder that even when you've "got it all" or have attained "success", basic human fragility is still always lurking. Sad and sobering.

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

I suppose the question is, will she carry on without him? It's always difficult when showbiz partners die.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4072609/britains-got-talent-star-ashleigh-butler-names-lookalike-dog-pudsey-after-beloved-co-star-pooch-dies/

not only will she carry on without him she has renamed her other dog Pudsey.

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

The least she could have done would have been to call him Stanningley or Wortley. 

Â