Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

This game could define our season. Win, and I believe we'll be in with a very good shot at promotion. Lose, and I think we'll be fighting for 6th. 

Ignore this post if we draw.

It's so early in the season to say really. We could win this and finish bottom or lose this and finish top. There are still 30+ games to go. That's why it's important we don't do anything stupid and play to our strengths. This will be a very tough game and I'd be happy to take a point if we can't find a way to win.

• Like 1

Gutted. Not only could I not get a ticket ending a long series of pre/post match piss ups with my Wolves obsessive mate (interrupted only by 90 minutes of 'football') but my kids are competing in an indoor athletics tournament starting 5.45 so I can't even watch in on the tellybox. 

Think I will turn the phone off and watch it when I get home as if it's live. 

The easier games are done. Rightfully, our form looks good because of it. 

Today, however, is the real test. Against tougher competition that will require smart tactical moves and a bit of class to win. 

Over to you, Bruce & Co. I really hope we win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Really hope Bruce doesn't bottle this and play defensively, after watching his interview he seems concerned by their attacking trio.

If we adjust our tactics to match their strike force, playing 3 at the back or dropping a CDM in, then it will reduce the attacking intent of our own side and pile some more pressure on us.

In this league we shouldn't fear any team, our squad is more than capable of beating anyone without having to adjust our tactics.

We are capable of beating any team in this league, if we show, intensity and urgency, thats my worry.

at times we can look leggy and lethargic.....perhaps we lack some pace in the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

It's called tactics. Its not about weather Wolves are the Man City of the championship or not, it's about playing to our strengths and exposing their weaknesses. If you pay a high line against a fast team you are asking for trouble. Whoever it's against.

Also I didn't say it's to early to worry about results!! I said it's too early to worry about other teams results. Huge difference.

I thought Bruce didn't do " tactics " ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I despise this "We're Aston Villa! We should be attacking everyone because we're a big club!"

Hopefully our players don't show the same arrogance in their preparations. 

Didn't you know we play the West Ham way of the fizzy pop league :D