Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Huge, absolutely huge. This is probably the biggest wolves vs villa game in many many years. Need to leave with something, a defeat would put massive pressure on us

Not sure it would put massive pressure on the team losing there. Wolves away is a tricky game any time but they look superb this season. I'd view it as if we take something it is a massive positive but a loss isn't the end of the world. I want to see us try and win every game but if we lose sometimes then so be it, better than drawing all the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Not sure it would put massive pressure on the team losing there. Wolves away is a tricky game any time but they look superb this season. I'd view it as if we take something it is a massive positive but a loss isn't the end of the world. I want to see us try and win every game but if we lose sometimes then so be it, better than drawing all the time. 

They haven't been that impressive at home but like us have had a lot of changes to players so are probably still gelling as a team. Looking at the squad, one thing that stands out is how young a lot of their signings are. They are definitely building for the future. Exciting times to be a wolves fan. The b*****ds! 

A game which may actually suit us, Wolves will dominate the ball and we can play the counter attacking game. One thing I do worry about though is their team will have the legs on us, being a much younger team. It'll be an intriguing game nonetheless. Would take a point now but if we can win then we really are turning it around. 

• Like 1

win would be great but a draw is fine, provided we play in the same spirit as we've largely done in the past 3/4 games. If he reverts to ultra caution, or the crap we saw at cardiff and reading, then we know we'll always have low ceiling with the current incumbent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

win would be great but a draw is fine, provided we play in the same spirit as we've largely done in the past 3/4 games. If he reverts to ultra caution, or the crap we saw at cardiff and reading, then we know we'll always have low ceiling with the current incumbent.

Id be shocked if he didnt play Wolves on the break; Its how the team is geared, and Wolves dont know how to play any other way than to come at us.

TBH its the best way to play them away from home.

On 02/10/2017 at 08:54, Rodders said:

Couldn't agree more. If we go to win the game and come away with a point I'd be happy. Hell even if we lost, whilst being disappointed i wouldn't be angry if the performance was positive, this is sport after all. 

But we have a squad of players that at the very least matches Wolves, so if we rock up with a super defensive set up If will do nothing to alter the view of his critics, myself included.