Ratings & Reactions: Bristol v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/17 at 18:45

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Bruce has had two good results in a week, so what does he do? He changes thing

To be fair the two good results had entirely different starting elevens, so he changed things midweek and they worked. I don't think three at the back worked either, just saying that we didn't win two games with a consistent formula.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, eholm said:

Shocking set up from Bruce. Again we go away and pay far too much respect to a mid table team. We are Aston Villa ffs!! The boost it must have given City seeing our line up. 

Bruce returns to his negative, defensive setting which totally wasted the first 20 mins and allowed City to get their tails up. If anyone seriously thinks he will get us promoted after watching our first 5 games of the season as a collective is, imo, deluded. 

We now have the ideal opportunity to replace him with a forward thinking, expansive manager who will quickly recognise that attack for us will reap the rewards. Bruce out....for the sake of this season. 

And who is that?

Unbelievable

Mistake nr

1 - 3 @ the back

2 - moves our best CB to RB till HT when he knew it was wrong so should have subbed Samba for Bree straight away

3 Because of the change in system Bristol got into their game gaining confidence in the 1st 20mins that carried them through the whole 90mins

4 - A change in system meant all momentum lost from Norwich

5 - waste of a sub, causing the bi-product of being carefull with the 2 subs left available.

6 - System caused ( or was it an instruction?) Hourihane to be too deep.

7 - Subs too late

8 - wrong subs - Davis should have just been told to stay in the middle and push them back. If CH couldnt get forward then either him off for Hogan and/or Adomah for Elmo

All in all - Bruce put it on a plate for a younger manager to show us how to play better football.

How can it be that younger & older managers get every other team in the league to play better football than us. 

After 5 games we have "achieved" 5 pts

Of those 5 games our opponents have "achieved" 8 pts against us

4 pts off the Bottom

7pts off the top

and we've played one game more.

• Like 2

My comment isn't about Bruce, the team, the performance or the result, anything I say on that will have already been said.

I just hate Friday games, regardless of the result it has spoilt my Friday night.

I spend all week waiting for Friday so I can put my music on and have a couple of cans and a curry and just completely chill out.

Friday night are not made for football, win lose or draw.

**** Sky 

• Like 4

He doesn't know what he is doing does he?

two good results and then manages to screw it up.  It's like McLaren when he stumbled on Barry and Gerrard to turn around quali then bodged it by bringing Lampard back.  Keep it simple stupid!!!!

A very lucky draw against Bristol City - fantastic.

Davis MOM, in spite of Bruce trying to throw him under the bus in his interview. That's the way to do it, Stevie, tell the young lad he was poor in the first half. Man manager, my arse.

Onomah and Green, I thought, were decent; Hourahane not advanced enough; Adomah should be playing in stead of Elmohamady; Bree should have started; Terry has been surprisingly poor, and did his very best to give them a penalty; Samba is very slow, and is a penalty waiting to happen.

Is Bjarnasson really the best we can get?

And it was Bristol City.

• Like 1

There's a lot that's right still - there's individual talent, there's young players coming through, there's a bit of spirit, a little resilience.

Bruce is a man that makes a lovely pizza - then smothers it in pineapple - nobody likes pineapple.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

My comment isn't about Bruce, the team, the performance or the result, anything I say on that will have already been said.

I just hate Friday games, regardless of the result it has spoilt my Friday night.

I spend all week waiting for Friday so I can put my music on and have a couple of cans and a curry and just completely chill out.

Friday night are not made for football, win lose or draw.

**** Sky 

We all have our hang ups:(

How many players have we used already this season? We have a massive squad, and have Kodjia, Jedinak, Grealish, and now Snodgrass to come.  I am the positive rather than negative line at the moment. 2 wins and a draw in a week is pretty good for Villa in recent years. I hope we can go on a bit of  a run now with Brentford, Boro and Barnsley next. 

Sorry if it is start with negitives,

Villa play in first half is poorly, yet it is bruce fault as he changing tactical..

why have to be changing? as we go to playing with 3 back line when we were winning 2 games in rows. it is bruce twice, we could stick to back four, and play bree in right back. ((hope bruce play him - bree as first choice RB - as bree was very good tonight)) hope we never see hutton again.... as RDL and Bree is brilliant last week and last tues.

Baker is very good player, i am still angry why we sold him, his defence style which we lack - winning aerial and winning tackle, better that our centre half. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Positive notice:-

We is better play in second half  - thanks god, if we playing the same style as first half; we could be lose. Samba injurying to force Bree come or Bruce changing to off him i don't know exact what happening yet it is helping us alots as we changing to a plan b to play for attack rather intive to pressure on us.

Davis is really good today even not good as last week, he is ACTUALLY to help us to generate attack thought by his first touch pass, holding ball, flick ball to player to more advanced to attack position which help us lots. he is key player in forward line.

if we play hogan as lone striker we could not play good position to attack, Would play with Hogan pair him but we should give up onomah or Hourihane for play hogan with Davis? No i would kept him play as lone striker.

Onomah is superb today ! what a player we have, yet luck deflect goal to help us to draw. I am really hopefully we kept him in end of the season.

-----------------------------------------------------

hopefully our next games line up: 

---------------------Johnstone----------------------

Bree--------Chester-------Terry------Taylor

------Onomah----Whelan----Hourihane-------

----Snodgrass--------Davis--------Abomah-----

Sub: Steer, Samba, RDL, Elmo, Hayes, O'hare, Hogan.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

If that man ever plays 3 at the back again, I'll cry. When we came out for the second half we looked sharper, more confident and like we knew what we were doing. 

Subs were too late as always but had a good impact. Bjarnason looking particularly good with some of the runs and Hogan keen to get involved. 

I'd prefer to have seen Adomah come on for Elmo, and maybe we would have if we weren't forced to change Samba for Bree. 

Ah well, it's a point away from home, on a Friday, on Sky, without our best striker. I'll take it and hope we get some momentum soon. As the good doctor days, September is important. I hope we're betterer.

We would have lost a game like this last season no doubt ,showed a bit of character when we went behind for once ,we are developing a really decent squad with Snodgrass,Kodjia and Jedinak to add to what we had tonight ,biggest worry is Bruce doesn't know what his best side is ,but we are heading in right direction.

I thought we looked a lot better compared to our usual away performances actually.

Defensively we do look so much more solid with Samba on the right centre of a back four. Didn't work in a three though as Bruce admitted.

Midfield was ok, Hourihane looked our biggest threat again and on another day would have scored the chance he had. Onomah is classy though of course still learning and will make the odd mistake.

Upfront we we pretty poor however despite Davis trying hard & you can easily see the thinking behind Snodgrass coming in.

All in all i thought there were signs that things are getting better & even Bjarnasson looked better i felt despite a few poor decisions.

I look forward to Kodija returning and seeing what Snodgrass can offer.

Â