Ratings & Reactions: Bristol v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/17 at 18:45

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

After a great week Bruce goes and wastes 30 mins of the game with a bizarro change of formation. We then get on top in the 2nd half and then he makes completely the wrong subs.

I know they say "win your home games, draw your away games and you'll win the league." But I just can't be convinced he knows what he's doing.

Problem is you need to win every home game and draw every away game. We're f*cked already.

Jesus christ

MotM for Chester for being **** about playing in three positions and coping with it. 

I thought Johnstone looked alright. Much better than last season. 

Samba did fine. Not his fault he was subbed. 

Terry... read some things really well. Then a daft free kick and could've given a penalty. 

Taylor... usual solid performance. 

Sod it, generally I thought most players were alright. I didn't see as much in Onomah as other people did. Same all season. Probably judging him more harshly as he's not ours which I think is fair enough. Not that he did bad, he's a good player but as soon as it's clear we're not going up I want to see our own promising midfielder's, not Spurs' 

Davis held the ball up. I said to the missus that if he took Davis off for Hogan I was gonna go apoplectic. I did and now she's gone up to bed to get away from me. Play Hogan with him, not instead of him. FFS. 

Bruce. We could have nicked a couple of goals and won 3-1 and he'd have lost me. Kudos in a way for changing a formation that wasn't working but what the **** was he playing at?! He's scared to lose. This job's too big for him and he's shit scared of it. He'd have taken that 1-1 any day. He changed formation after twenty minutes but didn't have the balls to make he substitution that necessitated till half time, and even then it looked forced from injury 

what worries me most is it seems he knew when picking the squad on Monday for the cup match this is how he was setting out. So you'd think we'd been training this week based on this lineup. So even when we change to the right way of playing after twenty minutes, it's a bodge job. A year in the job and he doesn't know what he's doing. The basics aren't there. I keep thinking give him time, it'll come good but why will it? What am I basing that on? I just don't know. I don't want to dislike him as he seems a nice bloke, but he's holding this squad back. You can smell the fear. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Hmm. I thought he was solid when he came on. Was on the end of everything, didn't give away possession. Almost crafted something at the end but for a horrible offside decision. 

If you'd have said Taylor instead of Bjarnasson I may have agreed with you.. 

He was shocking. Bullied off the ball and then stupid offside after hard fought defensive turnover. He was offside

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doing well would have been sticking with a winning formula and playing players in their correct positions.

Fixing a non sensical f*ck up is not "doing well" in my view.

I meant changing it pretty **** swiftly when it was clear it wasn't working. A lot is made on here of the fact he takes too long to react. Was a pretty quick reaction tonight, even if the original decision was questionable. 

• Like 1

Shocking set up from Bruce. Again we go away and pay far too much respect to a mid table team. We are Aston Villa ffs!! The boost it must have given City seeing our line up. 

Bruce returns to his negative, defensive setting which totally wasted the first 20 mins and allowed City to get their tails up. If anyone seriously thinks he will get us promoted after watching our first 5 games of the season as a collective is, imo, deluded. 

We now have the ideal opportunity to replace him with a forward thinking, expansive manager who will quickly recognise that attack for us will reap the rewards. Bruce out....for the sake of this season. 

• Like 2

Positives were that SB didn't stick with 3 at the back and that we came from a goal down away from home to get a point. 

Negaitves were that he should never have started with 3 at the back, we were coming here on the back of 8 goals in 2 games - I don't know the thinking behind the change? We're about to go into an international break, leave it as it is!!

First point away from home this season, it's better than a loss and at one point it could have been a loss, so for now I'll take it. I just hope he has that formation out of his system now. 

Bang average Championship team plays bang average championship team and produce a substandard match with little quality. And yet some people still believe we have the best squad in the Championship and should be favourites to be champions? What in the hell are some of you smoking to think that as other than 15mins vs Hull and a good attacking display against Norwich (the defence was shocking that day too) we have shown nothing in the other three games at all. 

Confused, experimental formation (after ten months he still doesnt have even a formation in mind) with players all playing in the wrong positions for where eveyone can see they're suited. Lack any ability or fight and all I can see Terry as having done is messed up our defence and making more errors than the rest put together.

If you're happy with that result then you should know we're not going up in a milion years. If you were exoecting that result or worse  (thank you wicked deflection) then you are using your eyes and see this team/formation simply does not have it in it to win consistently. 

Today proves we are midtable at best.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dpt666 said:

Far far far to much respect shown to Bristol city from the start ffs  let them worry about us for once .....!!!

To be fair to them in the final third they played much better football than us, and used the ball better until about 75 mins in when we decide it was ok to pass it to another villa player.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well its a point more than last season and we didn't lose away from home. But too much chopping and changing of the team so far this season. I don't think Bruce knows his best side yet.

To be fair the only change was he started Samba instead of Hutton. 

I enjoyed how Bristol closed us down quickly and pressed hard, all the way up to the 90th. Unsure about us sitting on our 18 yard box soaking up pressure :/

Tactics were all wrong at the start and the subs were too late and confused why Adomah wasn't put on after his performance Tuesday. 

• Like 3

Was it just me with my tinted spectacles on, but for their goal was their record purchase, bought from Angiers who played in the French cup final last year, the same team that Brizzel bought Jimmy Danger from offside in the build up to their goal?

Â