Ratings & Reactions: Bristol v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/17 at 18:45

A point gained I guess...

Personally I think this match was decided in the opening 20 minutes. Had we started how we started the last two games I don't think Bristol would have gotten into the game, but they did and they're at home they should be hard to play against and they were once they settled down. The opening 20 minutes dictated how this game was going to go. Terrible formation from Bruce and yes he realised it wasn't working and did a rare mid-match change, but it was too late as Bristol had settled and it took us 10-15 minutes to find our feet again once we switched back to the formation that works..

I'll take a point over no points, but we could have won had we gone out aiming to win from the start.

• Like 2

It's all so very frustrating isnt it.

Shit starting tactics meant we were playing catch up from the start.

Bruce brings on Hogan about 29 mins too late.

Bjarnason decides to be selfish instead of pass to hourihane and then like a pure knob forgets the offiside rule.

Oh and those throw ins. Jesus **** Christ.

• Like 4

Mediocre just like the manager. Stupid starting line up. Shit attempts to pass and score. Lack of control again. Only levelled thanks to luck. Cowardly late subs. Unambitious. **** this word removed.

• Like 1

Didn't mind the last 20 mins. Thought we controlled it. Elmo crosses were pap though. 

That ball from Onomah to Thor was unreal near the end but Thor didn't even get a shot off just bullied off the ball. Doesn't impress me

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Can't wait for us to have Snodgrass in the starting 11. Could make a huge difference. 

I hope that does it but Bruce needs to stop being weak minded, defensive and scared of the opposition. Stop messing with the formation and figure out his best side.

Snodgrass should enhance us but we need to focus on becoming an attacking side and stop giving other side's too much respect or showing fear...

Plenty there to support both sides of the Bruce in/out arguments.

Starting formation was wrong and Bree should've been brought on earlier. 

Fornation was switched quickly and the right sub was brought on at ht. 

I thought overall we did enough to win but Hourihane should've been played further forward as there was no link to Davis. 

6/10

From 75 minutes we looked like a team that could keep hold of the ball. By that time though we were lucky to still be on level terms, after being lucky with a deflected shot to be level.

We made nothing in terms of clear cut chances and our work in the final third was poor. We were under the cosh for long periods until we realised that keeping the ball meant they wouldn't be putting us under pressure. Nowhere near good enough. Onomah was our best player, he needs more people around him on his wavelength. Not impressive, we now need to win a few on the bounce to not be totally left behind. Poor.

Edited by romavillan

3 minutes ago, midian said:

Bjarnasson is awful aswell

Hmm. I thought he was solid when he came on. Was on the end of everything, didn't give away possession. Almost crafted something at the end but for a horrible offside decision. 

If you'd have said Taylor instead of Bjarnasson I may have agreed with you.. 

• Like 1

1. We're useless at little things like throw-ins, or blocking the fecking ball when it's pinging around the box.

2. Bruce was thick with that formation, but fair dues to him for changing it so soon.

3. I thought the ref was fair. Let the match flow.

4. Lucky to get anything from the game.

5. We're not getting promoted :(

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

Hmm. I thought he was solid when he came on. Was on the end of everything, didn't give away possession. Almost crafted something at the end but for a horrible offside decision. 

If you'd have said Taylor instead of Bjarnasson I may have agreed with you.. 

Iol he was far from solid. Contributed nothing

Can somebody tell Steve that half of our games take place away from home! There for the taking but the intent was never there. He will be delighted with a draw against Bristol City. Yep that's Bristol City! Baker looked like Paulo Maldini against our powder puff efforts. Garbage. Adious mi patata 

• Like 1

We were the only team trying to win for 20 mins.

I would have left Davis on, even though he was visibly tired and put Hogan on and dropped a midfielder.. probably Whelan. 

The first half was a bit strange. We didn't apply pressure until they got half way into our half.  If they had decent midfielders they would have quarter backed us to death.

I actually thought birkir played Ok, he tried to get at them and his technique was a bit blustery, maybe swap him for Whelan?

Swap anyone for Whelan is what I'm trying to say. He's useful when you're not pushing to win a game.

It's a decent point, but in the larger context we could have done with winning to give ourselves some breathing space. 

Â