• Hogan
    • O'Hare
    • McCirmack (O'Hare 73)
    • Lyndon (Doyle-Hayes 78)
    • Suliman (Hogan 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/17 at 18:45

Clark MotM for me, a very assured performance. No need to look for another LB in my opinion. Doyle-Hayes was great at CM. 

Wigan were dire but Villa played with such confidence. Kept the ball on the ground and actually passed it around rather than the usual hoof ball.

Only one game I know but I would move on some of the older players: Hutton, Elphick, Richards, Gabby, etc and rely on the kids to make up the squad.

• Like 2

We absolutely battered them. Not sure if they were awful or we were really good or somewhere in the middle.

Steer composed, Dr Laet a proper right back, Clark solid, Elphick fine, Doyle-Hayes WOW, Adomah committed, Gardner fine, Thor utterly superb, O'Hare spectacular, Hogan on fire.

I gave motm to Thor as everything went through him on the left wing and he made it all stick while having 4 or 5 players on him at all times, never stopped running and summed his performance up by being the one with the most desire to get on the end of a cross after a superb Dr Laet run.

O'Hare and Doyle-Hayes absolutely dominated the Wigan midfield.

Hogan would have had a few more had the linesman understood the off side rule.

7 hours ago, darrenm said:

We absolutely battered them. Not sure if they were awful or we were really good or somewhere in the middle.

Steer composed, Dr Laet a proper right back, Clark solid, Elphick fine, Doyle-Hayes WOW, Adomah committed, Gardner fine, Thor utterly superb, O'Hare spectacular, Hogan on fire.

I gave motm to Thor as everything went through him on the left wing and he made it all stick while having 4 or 5 players on him at all times, never stopped running and summed his performance up by being the one with the most desire to get on the end of a cross after a superb Dr Laet run.

straight out, haven't watched the game so cant comment on individual performances, but you're not the first to post Thor as mom

Funny how after reading the in game match thread, a number of fans posted how shite Thor was. Wonder if its a perception thing with him with some fans that he's labelled with the same brush all the time despite what he does

Couldnt get to the Norwich or Wigan games

But correct me if I am wrong, did we break with tradition and attack towards the Holte End in the first half of both games rather than as normal attack towards the Holte in the second half?

Perhaps that was the solution all along to all these years of woe!

Regards

Del

11 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I managed to catch bits and bobs, but not the full game, and we seemed to be playing well. They didn't trouble us too much and we were passing slickly and moving the ball well. When was the last time we scored 4 two games running!? 1982 probs!

i remember those 3 games a few years ago when we beat newcastle 4-0, derby 6-0 then blues 5-1...not that long ago ;-)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, darrenm said:

Well there was certainly no waiting around for that appointment B)

Great assist!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Skills said:

straight out, haven't watched the game so cant comment on individual performances, but you're not the first to post Thor as mom

Funny how after reading the in game match thread, a number of fans posted how shite Thor was. Wonder if its a perception thing with him with some fans that he's labelled with the same brush all the time despite what he does

I wonder if many in the game thread weren't actually there and were saying bad stuff about Thor just because they think they should..

It was his work rate and ethic that were top notch. Battled all night, never stopped running and capped it off with a well deserved goal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

But correct me if I am wrong, did we break with tradition and attack towards the Holte End in the first half of both games rather than as normal attack towards the Holte in the second half?

Regards

Del

Don't know about last night but I think Norwich switched ends on Saturday

Blimey - just watching the highlights and it appears that we a ) did something from corners, b ) scored from a throw-in and c ) have midfielders arriving late into the box to score.  Who are you and what have you done with the Aston Villa team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Regards

Del

Norwich won the toss on Saturday and chose to switch ends.

Â