General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, hippo said:

Ive Heard the Daily Mail are leading with a story about Pippa Middletons bum tomorrow. ! 

Would never have happened under a Labour govt.

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It's turning into "Yes Prime Minister", I have no idea what she was thinking with this election. If anything the British people have shown that we are extremely hard to pin down in a poll. I would've thought the Brexit vote would have taught the Conservatives something.

she was thinking, **** me 25 points lead, better call an election and get the dictatorship i desire, and like a top of the table premier league club playing at home to a non league side she thought, here's a chance to play all the shit we could never normally play, thinking it wouldn't matter

and it probably won't like the premier league side they'll make a few changes and in all likelyhood scrape a 1-0 win

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 1

Just now, magnkarl said:

Is that what I said? Jeez. What are you trying to prove here? It'd be good to know so I know not to waste any more time. No, everyone in momentum didn't vote for JC at all considering the organisation is set up to vote from him in a Labour leadership election. Arguing just to argue is a new sport for some people.

C&P - you claimed Corbyn won re-election by activating the 'left', and then claimed that this was momentum (20,000 members, 200,000 supporters - although as they are not a political party this is unverified), and then said they were the reason Corbyn was re-elected.

You claimed these were the extreme left. Yet you have not shown any evidence that they were activated, they are hard left... no evidence. 

• Like 1

Just now, mockingbird_franklin said:

she was thinking, **** me 25 points lead, better call an election and get the dictatorship i desire, and like a top of the table premier league club playing at home to a non league side she thought, here's a chance to play all the shit we could never normally play, thinking it wouldn't matter

I have to say, if Labour's momentum (teehee) keeps rolling onwards, I'll have more faith in the UK electorate than before...

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If Labour had practically anyone instead of Corbyn I think they would have won this election. may is so dislikeable its unreal. Complete and utter arrogance of the woman to be so blatant with some despicable policies like the dementia tax 

I disagree. I think with Owen Smith or Angela Eagle they'd still be at 25% and nobody would be forcing Theresa May into making mistake after mistake.

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Corbyn started with a mountain to climb due to the smear campaign from the right wing press and from within his own party.

Labour have smashed this campaign though, but there's just not enough time to turn it around.  A longer campaign might have seen this in the bag.  I just hope they stick to their ideals and keep pushing this hard afterwards and they can pick up the pieces in 2022 if there's anything left.

I think they're peaking just at the right time. 

3 hours ago, PauloBarnesi said:

Of course. But if opinion polls are to be believed May or Farron suffer less than Corbyn does on what their past is. 

Politicians shouldn’t be whiter than white, but the nearer you get to the top, the cleaner people want it to be. When Corbyn was a back bencher he could afford to support various causes, when you get to be leader and possibly prime minister it becomes harder and harder.

Absolutely agree. But doesn't being on the back benches fighting for the underdog who others wouldn't your whole life make you a great choice for PM?

2 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Whoever made that video is a disgrace and a perfect reason why people should vote Conservative...but at least I'll give them some credit for using the word Conservative rather than Tory.
10 years on from Brown/Blair and they're still pushing anti-campaigning rather than campaigning on their own policies....because they have none (unless you love a good promise). Another perfect reason why Labour are the nasty party.

It's such a shame that the Labour party act this way but it's to be expected now. These last few weeks have felt like the referendum all over again where truth has been obscured and facts appropriated for messaging. 

Best post of the year for me because I was still a swinging voter with Labour on the radar; but **** that. I can't consider a party who campaigns on others failures without appreciating their own. The Peoples Assembly are another bloody mouthpiece who care more about ousting the Conservatives and supporting the Labour agenda than policy.

:o

34 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

And here we go again, you reply to something that is fact by ridiculing the statement. Corbyn activated the left of his party to remain leader - no one denies that. I really don't know why you are so beleaguered on this point.

I deny it. I'm traditionally Green and I joined the Labour party because Corbyn represents what I want to see in politicians.

So this is what I've learnt today. 

1) Momentum doesn't support Corbyn or Labour because it's not proven.

2) Corbyn isn't as left as everyone says because he published a manifesto which meant to gather as many swing votes as possible. 

3) Theresa May is as stupid as ever. She has the charisma of a slug covered in salt.

4) Corbyn has the support of all Labour people, don't dare to support otherwise - or else.

5) Everyone's projecting onto everyone, but damn those projecting parties. Don't project people, you're all projectors.

6) The spelling police has been allocated an extra £10 per 10.000 officers over 28 years by Diane Abbott - be careful to edit your posts before they are posted people.

Just now, magnkarl said:

1) Momentum doesn't support Corbyn or Labour because it's not proven.

Was never the point being made.

Just now, magnkarl said:

2) Corbyn isn't as left as everyone says because he published a manifesto which meant to gather as many swing votes as possible. 

You made the claim that JC is pandering to the 'extreme left' (your words) then proceeded to dodge the question when asked how multiple times.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

4) Corbyn has the support of all Labour people, don't dare to support otherwise - or else.

Not a point being made.

5) Everyone's projecting onto everyone, but damn those projecting parties. Don't project people, you're all projectors.

You accused people of projection when they simply asked you a simple question over and over again.

6) The spelling police has been allocated an extra £10 per 10.000 officers over 28 years by Diane Abbott - be careful to edit your posts before they are posted people.

Was clearly a lighthearted joke given the aggressiveness of the thread today by everyone.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Was never the point being made.

You made the claim that JC is pandering to the 'extreme left' (your words) then proceeded to dodge the question when asked how multiple times.

Not a point being made.

You accused people of projection when they simply asked you a simple question over and over again.

Was clearly a lighthearted joke given the aggressiveness of the thread today by everyone.

My whole post was sarcastic, I just want to enjoy the sunshine outside. I'll buy you a pint down the pub if you come to Winchester. :)

Everyone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Edit: 

aAc_MatrixStickmen.gif~c200

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

I will say one thing for Theresa May - at the weekend it was implied that she would try and make the next week  focus on the party leaders.

You have to give 10/10 for that so far today.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Absolutely agree. But doesn't being on the back benches fighting for the underdog who others wouldn't your whole life make you a great choice for PM?

Its a completely different game; I think being a decent MP for your constituents and fighting causes won’t prepare you for being a PM. I personally think that working your way through the party ranks, maybe even being both a minor minister and a shadow minister will give you sense of how to eventually become a major minister let alone PM. Inexperience in government sounds appealing; you won’t be corrupted by power, etc. On the other hand what experience do you have? 

Of course the same goes for Tim Farron. But Farron has time on his hands. At only 47 you would hope he would have more energy than May, and alot more than Jeremy. 

All of this is rather like any office or business. Some people are brilliant at some jobs, put them in management and they are shocking and vice versa. 

• Like 1

Yup. My voting record is very mixed; in local and general elections.

So's mine. :) I wouldn't vote Tory now because I'm not trying to get money or favours out of government, and they're pricks obviously.

Sigh. I suggest you learn something about the NHS before assuming a video is giving you all the facts.

We have a couple of NHS workers here, I have one at home too. Reckon I'll be taking their counsel on NHS matters ahead of yours.

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

But Labour are smearing everyone!!!

On this particular point, the tories/their press are right. Corbyn repeatedly declined to condemn the IRA. He condemned bombing [by anyone, Loyalists, IRA..], but chose not to condemn the IRA.

Just to add - IRA apart from bombing also was responsible for : kneecapping, punishment beatings, kidnap, extortion, smuggling, murder, torture, intimidation, blackmail, bribery, robbery......

But Corbyn wouldn't condemn the IRA.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

...so, the question is, what does Corbyn particularly dislike about bombing?

Yeah, the raving hippie! Condoning everything the IRA did apart from bombing.

Or maybe everyone's taking everything a bit too literally.

4 hours ago, blandy said:

On this particular point, the tories/their press are right. Corbyn repeatedly declined to condemn the IRA. He condemned bombing [by anyone, Loyalists, IRA..], but chose not to condemn the IRA.

Just to add - IRA apart from bombing also was responsible for : kneecapping, punishment beatings, kidnap, extortion, smuggling, murder, torture, intimidation, blackmail, bribery, robbery......

But Corbyn wouldn't cpondemn the IRA.

It sounds to me that he has too many pals that were in the IRA that he doesn't want to come out and offend. 

53 minutes ago, blandy said:

But Corbyn wouldn't cpondemn the IRA.

The Official IRA were a Marxist organisation, so I am sure Corbyn and his comrades would have identified with their struggle.

Â