General Election 2017

ender4

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Has there ever been a U turn on a manifesto pledge BEFORE an election? Genuinely interested. 

Really surprised at how poor a PM she's turned out to be. She's pretty much gone back on everything she's said since she's been in power. 

She's absolutely horrific.

Even my Polish missus, who has zero interest or knowledge in UK politics has commented how dire she is. Even her mum did!

As I said before, if she's screwing up, what is probably the safest hand in modern UK politics, this badly, how badly will she screw up the Brexit negotiations??

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes, yes it was. If people don't know by now that the figure was an poorly crafted illustration rather than a fact then then they are listening to campaigns and not facts.

This plonker spouting nonsense is simply making things worse but I did watch the interview and what did Boris actually say?
He was trying to talk about taking back control, eughhhh, before being cut off, but I can't find anywhere on Peston where he says 'yes, £350m is going to the NHS', just a jumble of words that he wasn't allowed to get out. (maybe I missed some of the interview?)

You don't see me calling Corbyn a terrorist for his thoughts on the IRA, or lack of them. Because he's not and anyone I see or have spoken to who mentioned it, I shot down.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Has there ever been a U turn on a manifesto pledge BEFORE an election? Genuinely interested. 

Really surprised at how poor a PM she's turned out to be. She's pretty much gone back on everything she's said since she's been in power. 

Go easy on her, a PM is only as good as their advisors.

Thatcher had Keith Joseph to provide the intellectual justification and Norman Tebbit to show her how to make it hurt the most.:)

• Like 2

Honestly think she is falling apart. 

Next: More nasty comments from the Tories and more lies. If that fails May might try a debate and try to turn it into a slanging match (the only thing she is good at).

35 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

That's kind of my point. We have her and Jess Phillips as MP's; why? Because of people voting on parties on not politicians. Same for Godsiff. I know they're all Labour but they are people who have impacted me personally, who didn't give and don't give a proper carp. (Many awful Conservative ones too)

Videos and images from 'a-political' parties which only explore one POV are simply adding the weight of misunderstanding and emboldening others. 

I am the very first to criticise a bad Conservative policy but I feel others are first to criticise the party before considering what the policy even means. I am as unpopular with Conservatives as I am with Labour supporters.

Hmmm. There's something fishy about this post ....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

You don't see me calling Corbyn a terrorist for his thoughts on the IRA, or lack of them. Because he's not and anyone I see or have spoken to who mentioned it, I shot down.

:crylaugh: hopefully not literally. :crylaugh:

• Like 2

The whole 'get to keep 100k' isn't quite right, is it?

£100k is the proposed amount for the capital floor - so that is what is used when calculating contributions to care and not a guarantee of what remains after assets are got rid of and the various charges accrued repaid. What happens if house prices fall? Or if estates are forced in to a sale that doesn't maximise the sale price of a property? Is there not a chance (at least for people whose assets are not much higher than the capital floor) that they 'get to keep' less than the £100k?

Edit: And when is the valuation done? Is it redone annually? Will there be different rules for different areas for how the assessments are done? Will some councils be more willing to engage in deferment options? Will there be a statutory level of interest applied to the deferred payments?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Heres a bet that would be interesting.

That Corbyn is labour leader longer than May is leader of the conservatives - you could probably get a good price !

I think May will last about 18 months - Like I have said before people compare he to maggie thatcher, she's nothing like her - she is more like John Major.  - Unfortunately for the uk she has lots of friends who print newspapers.

but trying to be impartial, she isn't a very good politician.  

This board is so funny, there's some REALLY loud Labour supporters who won't cede a single point about Labour, saying that the Conservatives are the masters of projection when JC's whole grassroots grouping, including momentum are the absolute kings\queens of projection. Look back at this thread at the amount of verbal abuse (see fascist, hitler etc) Labour supporters give out to anyone that doesn't have their views and you'll see why the average Joe who used to vote Labour now doesn't. At the same time you have hard Conservative posters who can't cede the fact that May just isn't capable of pushing this victory through. If this was 2008 David Cameron no one would even talk about Jeremy Corbyn because they'd be on TV debating JC's dubious connections and Cameron would wipe the floor with him.

Face it people. The Conservatives are shit, they've produced a manifesto without costings while attacking Labour for their costings. Labour are equally shit for getting rid of anyone in their party who had a voice of reason. Corbyn has no backbone when it comes to defending middle liners in Labour which will eventually turn a hell of a lot of swing votes against him. He's too busy pandering to the extreme left in his part which will turn off most of the traditional Labour vote. 

Corbyn has released a manifesto he knows won't float because he won't win, May has released a manifesto which is extremely conservative because she knows she will win. Both are equally brainless.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Labour are equally shit for getting rid of anyone in their party who had a voice of reason. Corbyn has no backbone when it comes to defending middle liners in Labour which will eventually turn a hell of a lot of swing votes against him. 

Isn't this a contradiction? He has doesn't have backbone? I don't particularly like Corbyn but he's shown remarkable backbone considering the arseholes in his own party who have never given him a chance. The 'middle-liners' are acting like children, rather than uniting with their leader, against a greater evil in the Tories, they're still sabotaging him to this day. even when the polls are trending upwards. People like Angela Eagle or Jess Phillips.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

He's too busy pandering to the extreme left in his part which will turn off most of the traditional Labour vote. 

The polls disagree with you. He's gaining popularity and not just with the 'extreme left' (which is a nonsense term anyway)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Sigh. I suggest you learn something about the NHS before assuming a video is giving you all the facts.
I believe policy has to be deliverable and realistic in the context of not only the environment you have, but one you want to achieve. Clearly a fools life for me.

I never believed the video was giving me all the facts, just countering many of the lies peddled by our current government, I may disagree with many things the conservatives are doing, but my contempt for them comes from the unprecidented levels of dishonesty lies, spin and down right snideyness that accompanies it, , in the same way my contempt for Tony Blair and new Labour was arrivd at.

Maybe if your analysis had been one of pointing out any inaccuracies and adding any relevant facts they omitted that you considered important, rather than being an anti anyone who critsises the Conservatives rant your post wouldn't have recieved the ridicule it deserved.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Problem is I don't think she actually believes in anything. She is spokesperson for the warring factions in the Tory Party - hence the continual changes

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Isn't this a contradiction? He has doesn't have backbone? I don't particularly like Corbyn but he's shown remarkable backbone considering the arseholes in his own party who have never given him a chance. The 'middle-liners' are acting like children, rather than uniting with their leader, against a greater evil in the Tories, they're still sabotaging him to this day. even when the polls are trending upwards. People like Angela Eagle or Jess Phillips.

The polls disagree with you. He's gaining popularity and not just with the 'extreme left' (which is a nonsense term anyway)

Yeah because polls are all that important in recent British votes eh? Let's not get ahead of ourselves because of a few percentile shifts in a wide gap of crap. The problem with being extreme in a political system like ours where only two parties matter is that you'll alienate a whole lot of people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Yeah because polls are all that important in recent British votes eh? Let's not get ahead of ourselves because of a few percentile shifts in a wide gap of crap. The problem with being extreme in a political system like ours where only two parties matter is that you'll alienate a whole lot of people.

The same polls showed the Tories with a huge gap a few weeks back and everyone shouted how Labour had no chance and it was going to be a landslide.

Take them with a pinch of salt, but it's clear to see that Labour are trending upwards right now and the Tories are floundering badly.

Which isn't reflective of your statement that Corbyn only appeals to the 'extreme left' which we both know is complete nonsense.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm sorry but that is merely your opinion and the opinion that you are putting forward on behalf of the part of the industry for which you are lobbying.

It may well be a well-thought out and well-supported opinion and it may well have a great deal of merit but you don't get to say that what you have lobbied for is the 'only solution' (and certainly not in the way in which you have here).

What I'm not trying to do is belittle or decry expert opinion (at least opinion that I'd expect is much more expert than mine) but rather to point out that, as you lobby on behalf of (part of) the industry, your opinion has to be seen in that context.

I take your premise of 'my opinion' but their promises don't even bother to tackle the issues. 
Planning is impacting the whole industry and I work with the whole industry. I work in housebuilding/construction because I have worked on the front line in much of the service sector, it's progression. I also worked under Labours ignorance and I worked under Tory mess.
I want to solve the housing crisis for all and I'm doing a better job than Labour have since I was born. (they did a good job before I was born)

I have been the MAIN proponent in industry for CLTs, co-op housing and council/housing associations. When you see 'diversity' in the Conservative manifesto it's because of our work. When you see local business being part of procurement; it's our work. Late payment policy. Land pooling. Large sites being split up. German model of CPO. Neighbourhood Planning. Small sites. Council Housing. MMC. Local Authority borrowing cap. Apprenticeships being discussed with more regard. It's our work.
Oh and speculative homes, because they increase diversity when built by regional/local companies, or even groups!

So no, my opinion has ALWAYS included the entire market and I often appear on stage with Housing Associations where we spend 90% agreeing on policy but 10% disagreeing that our guys make as much as they do; SMEs typically make a lot less.

You don't know anything about me and you haven't bothered to find anything out (clearly, as you haven't really read anything I've written). But heck, be sure to follow the Labours approach of ignoring industry. It's really helping get homes built.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

The same pools showed the Tories with a huge gap a few weeks back and everyone shouted how Labour had no chance and it was going to be a landslide.

Take them with a pinch of salt, but it's clear to see that Labour are trending upwards right now and the Tories are floundering badly.

Which isn't reflective of your statement that Corbyn only appeals to the 'extreme left' which we both know is complete nonsense.

'Extreme left' is a bizarre statement, coming from somebody who I can only conclude reads a lot of the red tops. The ones who like to split people into categories like left, right, muslim terrorist, white lone male gunman... etc

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

This board is so funny, there's some REALLY loud Labour supporters who won't cede a single point about Labour, saying that the Conservatives are the masters of projection when JC's whole grassroots grouping, including momentum are the absolute kings\queens of projection. Look back at this thread at the amount of verbal abuse (see fascist, hitler etc) Labour supporters give out to anyone that doesn't have their views and you'll see why the average Joe who used to vote Labour now doesn't. At the same time you have hard Conservative posters who can't cede the fact that May just isn't capable of pushing this victory through. If this was 2008 David Cameron no one would even talk about Jeremy Corbyn because they'd be on TV debating JC's dubious connections and Cameron would wipe the floor with him.

Face it people. The Conservatives are shit, they've produced a manifesto without costings while attacking Labour for their costings. Labour are equally shit for getting rid of anyone in their party who had a voice of reason. Corbyn has no backbone when it comes to defending middle liners in Labour which will eventually turn a hell of a lot of swing votes against him. He's too busy pandering to the extreme left in his part which will turn off most of the traditional Labour vote. 

Corbyn has released a manifesto he knows won't float because he won't win, May has released a manifesto which is extremely conservative because she knows she will win. Both are equally brainless.

Agree - But May called an election that looked a done deal.

If she can't Corbyn and co away what chance of her winning the brexit negotiations ?  

She will will still win the election of course - but the ultimate irony is it looks like she will weaker after the election than before it.

• Like 1

Â