General Election 2017

ender4

46 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Whoever made that video is a disgrace and a perfect reason why people should vote Conservative..

There are plenty of reasons not to vote Labour and some seem better than their campaigning style:

Angela Rayner being one.

2 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Congratulations on the most entrenched lack of reality moment in your life :)

I guess the air is still thin on the 'bus brigade'.

oh dear looks like it was serious after all. shame you could have had a glittering career as a farcasist, I suggest you rewatch the video and reapprase your wildly inaccurate analysis of it, have a nice long hard think and you may just prevent yourself looking even more of a fool than you already do.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm not a Labour supporter and I think this is totally wrong.

Labour produced a manifesto, totally costed and have campaigned incredibly effectively based on what they believe will work for the country.

The Tories, with the media in tow, have belittled Labour, produced a crap manifesto with no costings or basis in fact and have repeated tired, old slogans over and over again.

Full credit to Labour; they have run a fantastic campaign based around engagement in policy rather than mudslinging.

Not mudslinging? Coalitions with other parties to 'stop the evil Tories'.....sigh....

Engagement in policy, jesus tap dancing christ. I spent the last 2 weeks begging Labour manifesto writers and researchers to consider planning policy because it was the route of almost ALL affordability in the UK.....yet developers were blamed in the final document....great engagement and understanding of the real problem....even the Conservatives have bothered to listen more than Labour have, and I lobbied when Cameron was in power!

When the people alliance make a video that shows what the Labour party were responsible for - that includes the Conservative failures - post it me. That's was my point and further evidence that this campaign is more about not voting conservative than voting for someone with answers they like.

At least this weekend Labour have pointed out a real policy flaw on social policy! Though they've not offered the solution...actually let me just check the manifesto....nope, it's not there either, nothing tangible anyway.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

I spent the last 2 weeks begging Labour manifesto writers and researchers to consider planning policy because it was the route of almost ALL affordability in the UK

Perhaps they thought that what you were lobbying for wasn't the correct solution?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

I can tell you if you like; the people who go on about '£350m to the NHS' when they was cleared up as soon as it was mentioned.

It was?

Then why is our foreign minister still butchering it to this day? - Video and text

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has falsely claimed the pre-referendum pledge to inject the NHS with £350m a week after Brexit is in the Conservative manifesto.

Asked on ITV’s Peston on Sunday why the party made no reference to the pledge in the manifesto released earlier this week, Mr Johnson replied: “It is actually. It is. Theresa May, she said at the launch of our manifesto.”

But the Prime Minister made no reference of the referendum promise in her speech and no mention of the extra £350m can be found in the party’s manifesto for the general election.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

I can tell you if you like; the people who go on about '£350m to the NHS' when they was cleared up as soon as it was mentioned.

that all, so like Boris Johnson

cleared up like the front page accusation that gets retracted on page 35 in 15 words hidden away between adverts for mothballs and incontinence pads, admittedly the only people likely to stumble on it there would be a brexiteers or a conservative voter

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

9 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

There are plenty of reasons not to vote Labour and some seem better than their campaigning style:

Angela Rayner being one.

That's kind of my point. We have her and Jess Phillips as MP's; why? Because of people voting on parties on not politicians. Same for Godsiff. I know they're all Labour but they are people who have impacted me personally, who didn't give and don't give a proper carp. (Many awful Conservative ones too)

Videos and images from 'a-political' parties which only explore one POV are simply adding the weight of misunderstanding and emboldening others. 

I am the very first to criticise a bad Conservative policy but I feel others are first to criticise the party before considering what the policy even means. I am as unpopular with Conservatives as I am with Labour supporters.

11 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Perhaps they thought that what you were lobbying for wasn't the correct solution?

Unless you want a supply challenge for the next decade it's the only immediate solution.

Besides, they have agreed with me and similar voices in many meetings (we even worked together on the Neighbourhood Planning Bill) they just aren't ready to take on local authorities in a manifesto just like they're not ready to take on electoral reform.

11 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Not mudslinging? Coalitions with other parties to 'stop the evil Tories'.....sigh....

Engagement in policy, jesus tap dancing christ. I spent the last 2 weeks begging Labour manifesto writers and researchers to consider planning policy because it was the route of almost ALL affordability in the UK.....yet developers were blamed in the final document....great engagement and understanding of the real problem....even the Conservatives have bothered to listen more than Labour have, and I lobbied when Cameron was in power!

When the people alliance make a video that shows what the Labour party were responsible for - that includes the Conservative failures - post it me. That's was my point and further evidence that this campaign is more about not voting conservative than voting for someone with answers they like.

At least this weekend Labour have pointed out a real policy flaw on social policy! Though they've not offered the solution...actually let me just check the manifesto....nope, it's not there either, nothing tangible anyway.

well it appears this organisation is mainly concerned with the NHS, and the future disasters likely to be inflected on it, and in doing so they seek to epose the lies being told by the current government, who claim they want to be judged on there performance, problem is it's not their actual performance they want to be judged on but this endless string of lies. I know very little about this video, i don't know if the people re genuine, PFI was a disaster but making films about it would be a little pointless now, The party and people who were responsible arn't in politics or are no longer relevent, the Tory party however are a real and present threat and danger to the NHS, using your logic for someone to make a video about the dangers of muslim radicalisation, they must be castigated for not making one about the dangers of the rise of national socalism in Germany in the 30's

ok a bt of an extreme example but it's an exaggeration for effect

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

oh dear looks like it was serious after all. shame you could have had a glittering career as a farcasist, I suggest you rewatch the video and reapprase your wildly inaccurate analysis of it, have a nice long hard think and you may just prevent yourself looking even more of a fool than you already do.

Sigh. I suggest you learn something about the NHS before assuming a video is giving you all the facts.
I believe policy has to be deliverable and realistic in the context of not only the environment you have, but one you want to achieve. Clearly a fools life for me.

7 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

That's kind of my point. We have her and Jess Phillips as MP's; why? Because of people voting on parties on not politicians. Same for Godsiff. I know they're all Labour but they are people who have impacted me personally, who didn't give and don't give a proper carp. (Many awful Conservative ones too)

Videos and images from 'a-political' parties which only explore one POV are simply adding the weight of misunderstanding and emboldening others. 

I am the very first to criticise a bad Conservative policy but I feel others are first to criticise the party before considering what the policy even means. I am as unpopular with Conservatives as I am with Labour supporters.

Voting is usually about picking the least worst option.

The criticism of Labour is that they have made that choice too easy.

Angela Rayner knows nowt about nowt which may not disqualify her from providing pastoral care for her constituents if she has the right help, but Corbyn wants her to be the next Secretary of State For Education. 

5 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Unless you want a supply challenge for the next decade it's the only immediate solution.

I'm sorry but that is merely your opinion and the opinion that you are putting forward on behalf of the part of the industry for which you are lobbying.

It may well be a well-thought out and well-supported opinion and it may well have a great deal of merit but you don't get to say that what you have lobbied for is the 'only solution' (and certainly not in the way in which you have here).

What I'm not trying to do is belittle or decry expert opinion (at least opinion that I'd expect is much more expert than mine) but rather to point out that, as you lobby on behalf of (part of) the industry, your opinion has to be seen in that context.

• Like 4

Has there ever been a U turn on a manifesto pledge BEFORE an election? Genuinely interested. 

Really surprised at how poor a PM she's turned out to be. She's pretty much gone back on everything she's said since she's been in power. 

• Like 3

Â