General Election 2017

ender4

16 hours ago, blandy said:

Just to add - IRA apart from bombing also was responsible for : kneecapping, punishment beatings, kidnap, extortion, smuggling, murder, torture, intimidation, blackmail, bribery, robbery......

They really learnt a thing or two from the British Establishment then didn't they, well apart from kneecaping, the British establishment preferred maiming people who stood up to them in different ways

28 minutes ago, Awol said:

May has no substance whatsoever and it's clear her coronation was a major error by the Tories.  It's obvious why she's not doing the head to head debates, any serious cross examination and she crumbles into a default repetition of meaningless sound bites.

Meanwhile Corbyn is Bryant to McDonnell's May and Abbott is holding a full can of petrol. 

Whichever way this election goes we are in serious trouble imo, but I can't vote for any of them. 

Amen, the fact that Corbyn, a guy with as many gaping holes in his career as a truckstop in Alabama, is owning May is beyond me. Both these people would be debated into oblivion by both Cameron and Blair. Where did our witty British politicians go? 

Edited by magnkarl

Nasty party press office:

Jeremy Corbyn's plan to pay for elderly care: increasing the basic rate of income tax to 25p for millions of working people #GE2017 

unbelievable 

36 minutes ago, Awol said:

May has no substance whatsoever and it's clear her coronation was a major error by the Tories.  It's obvious why she's not doing the head to head debates, any serious cross examination and she crumbles into a default repetition of meaningless sound bites.

Meanwhile Corbyn is Bryant to McDonnell's May and Abbott is holding a full can of petrol. 

Whichever way this election goes we are in serious trouble imo, but I can't vote for any of them. 

The main thought that screamed itself in my head watching that interview was we're so (rhymes with mucked) as a country.

There's a whole host of ways to describe where this general election is going. We get May who is clearly having a mental breakdown, or we get Corbyn with his wishy wishy manifesto that he thought was just going to be a way to get as big a margin as possible for his opposition.

The Italians would say Dalla padella alla brace, from the frying pan to the fire. The Swedes would say we're stuck in the fox trap. The Clash would say if I go there will be trouble, an' if I stay it will be double. The Spanish would say we're between a wall and a sword's edge. I myself prefer a new type of proverb. We're stuck between a Lizardlady and Lenin-light. Both are about as much use as their respective charisma. The fact that Corbyn is now considered the charismatic one speaks volumes about the person he's running against.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Cameron walked us into an EU exit and ran away, Blair walked us into an illegal war, killing thousands of kids, soldiers and creating an unstable world, then walked away to earn millions talking about peace.

Great with words though. Bring them back.

You seem to forget that these two politicians didn't make these decisions alone, Blair's woes, despicable I agree, was made with his party's backing (of which Jeremy Corbyn was a central figure). The same can be said about Cameron's brexit referendum. We're not a totalitarian state where a PM can do whatever they want.

Edited by magnkarl

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

You seem to forget that these two politicians didn't make these decisions alone, Blair's woes, despicable I agree, was made with his party's backing (of which Jeremy Corbyn was a central figure). The same can be said about Cameron's brexit referendum. We're not a totalitarian state where a PM can do whatever they want.

Blair made his mind up about the Iraq/afganistan conflicts way before he consulted his party or parliament and was always going to get what he wanted, and your not seriously suggesting Corbyn support him as a CENTRAL FIGURE of his center right government.

Cameron took a gamble on a brexit referendum in an desperate attempt on behalf of his party to cling onto power, his party got the election result it wanted, unfortunately for cameron he part lost his gamble with the referendum result, a bit like getting payed out on a each way bet for a third place, only time will tell if the gamble was worth it. the referendum was probably the right thing to do but it is tainted by being called with the wrong agenda, was debated with very little more than fearmongering and lies all around, and as proof of this, cameron couldn't wait to bugger off and get his self clear of the situation  

2 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

Blair made his mind up about the Iraq/afganistan conflicts way before he consulted his party or parliament and was always going to get what he wanted, and your not seriously suggesting Corbyn support him as a CENTRAL FIGURE of his center right government.

Cameron took a gamble on a brexit referendum in an desperate attempt on behalf of his party to cling onto power, his party got the election result it wanted, unfortunately for cameron he part lost his gamble with the referendum result, a bit like getting payed out on a each way bet for a third place, only time will tell if the gamble was worth it. the referendum was probably the right thing to do but it is tainted by being called with the wrong agenda, was debated with very little more than fearmongering and lies all around, and as proof of this, cameron couldn't wait to bugger off and get his self clear of the situation  

Again, a PM can "make up his mind" about whatever he wants. As a democratic nation it still has to go through parliament unless we are in a martial law scenario. The MP's that gave Blair the mandate are as guilty as Blair. 254 Labour MP's said Aye, 146 Con MP's said Aye.

2 minutes ago, mockingbird_franklin said:

errm you said he was a central figure of that party, a central figure would have been on the front bench by prefixing this central figure with the party approved it, you also suggest Corbyn was cenral to the approval of an illegal war when the opposite was the truth, what next robyn cook was chief war mongerer and battle drummer for blair?

Stop with the facts mate. The extreme left... something sonething... no facts.. something... eggs... milk 

Edited by DK82
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The main thought that screamed itself in my head watching that interview was we're so (rhymes with mucked) as a country.

I remember the morning after the  referendum Hitchens punditing on the BBC described Labour and the Tories as two political corpses propping each other up, a year on that seems precient.

They've both embraced their worst historical instincts, are intellectually exhausted and don't appear to have any real answers.  

After this debacle of an election Blair's boys/babies seem certain to make a comeback from the centre left as a new party.

It remains to be seen whether it will take them smashing the Tories next time around to spark a renaissance on the centre right, but as it stands if they were animals you'd take both main parties to the vet.

• Like 3

your attempts to rewrite history to fit the narrative you want are despicable and then to try to wriggle worm like away from them when they are called out for the hogwash they are with symantics compounds the contempt your posts should be held in

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Â