General Election 2017

ender4

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The whole reason for momentum is to support Jeremy Corbyn. I don't know if you even read the summary I just posted form their site. May I suggest a bit less of a pedantic tone? Do you think Momentum supported Corbyn's opposition?

You said he activated the left to remain leader. 

You showed me a quote from momentum about their membership.

This does not show that he 'activated' people, nor does it tell me how many of these in momentum are labour members. Momentum CAN NOT vote him in as leader, Labour members can.

And even if all 200,000 are Labour members (doubtful) there are 480 thousand Labour members. How can 200,000 beat 280 thousand in a two horse race?

Edited by DK82

I think May will be inheriting the tag 'unelectable' by the time the 2022 election comes round.  She's lucky there's such a small window between the election and it being called this time round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

You said he activated the left to remain leader. 

You showed me a quote from momentum about their membership.

This does not show that he 'activated' people, nor does it tell me how many of these in momentum are labour members. Momentum CAN NOT vote him in as leader, Labour members can.

So you think someone is part of Momentum without being a Labour member? This is getting comical mate.

• Momentum believes in an open, democratic Labour party, powered by its members.

Why would you believe in the above if you are not even part of the party? :)

It's like saying I believe in May and then voting for Corbyn. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make - momentum is run by, supports and campaigns for Cobyn's labour. Corbyn's ways and Corbyn's hold on the Labour party.

Edited by magnkarl

Just now, magnkarl said:

So you think someone is part of Momentum without being a Labour member? This is getting comical mate.

Why would you believe in the above if you are not even part of the party? :)

It's getting comical because you aren't backing up your claims.

I must admit i did predict today supposed u-turn yesterday to the wife, but Wainey is right, it's clear now why she wanted a quick election and with minimal campaigning, she is all bluster and no substance, she's weak and wobbley, weak as a person and intellectually, she's nothing more than the wizard of Oz, the curtains been pulled back and all she can do is point at Corbyn and say look over there, don't pay any attention to whats going on here, look at him

Edited by mockingbird_franklin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

It's getting comical because you aren't backing up your claims.

It's not my claims, it's on momentum's site. What point are you trying to make here? Corbyn didn't profit from having Momentum campaign for him? He didn't profit from having a busload of young campaigners engage a very easily affected young generation of Labour voters?

It doesn't take a private detective to see what Momentum is.

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It's not my claims, it's on momentum's site. What point are you trying to make here? Corbyn didn't profit from having Momentum campaign for him? He didn't profit from having a busload of young campaigners engage a very easily affected young generation of Labour voters?

It doesn't take a private detective to see what Momentum is.

No, you claimed Corbyn won re-election by activating the 'left', and then claimed that this was momentum (20,000 members, 200,000 supporters - although as they are not a political party this is unverified), and then said they were the reason Corbyn was re-elected - but you don't have proof of this, just stats from a page which are unverified and don't show any sort of vote breakdown between Momentum and Labour.

This is the last I am saying on it. Unless you want to come back with some hard evidence.

Edited by DK82

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

What price a U turn on winter fuel allowance by around 4pm today ? 

It's turning into "Yes Prime Minister", I have no idea what she was thinking with this election. If anything the British people have shown that we are extremely hard to pin down in a poll. I would've thought the Brexit vote would have taught the Conservatives something.

Edited by magnkarl

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

No, you claimed Corbyn won re-election by activating the 'left', and then claimed that this was momentum (20,000 members, 200,000 supporters - although as they are not a political party this is unverified), and then said they were the reason Corbyn was re-elected - but you don't have proof of this, just stats from a page which are unverified and don't show any sort of vote breakdown between Momentum and Labour.

This is the last I am saying on it. Unless you want to come back with some hard evidence.

Again, you are making it sound like momentum is a voting choice instead of Labour. It isn't. Momentum is a faction within Labour. 

There is no distinction between a labour supporter and a momentum member. They both vote labour. I have no idea what point you want to make here.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Again, you are making it sound like momentum is a voting choice instead of Labour. It isn't. Momentum is a faction within Labour. 

There is no distinction between a labour supporter and a momentum member. They both vote labour. I have no idea what point you want to make here.

So they voted Labour in the leadership election? Who won?

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Only Theresa May could potentially throw away the largest lead in opinion polls an incumbent government has had in living memory (ever?).

Weak and unstable.

She's nearly as bad at holding a lead as the Villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

So they voted Labour in the leadership election? Who won?

Is that what I said? Jeez. What are you trying to prove here? It'd be good to know so I know not to waste any more time. No, everyone in momentum didn't vote for JC at all considering the organisation is set up to vote from him in a Labour leadership election. Arguing just to argue is a new sport for some people.

Â