• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Well, no one could have predicted this...

Up until pretty recently, the Russian media presence, both official and the various bots and trolls and such like was effective at propagating Russia's message. It was slick enough to fool some folks who you'd hope by their qualifications at least, wouldn't be easily fooled as well as a swathe of people more easily led and without various professorial and fellowship roles.

But with the most recent developments with the Scripal attack and the CW attacks in Syria, they've got it completely wrong (from a effectiveness viewpoint). By saying the OPCW fiddled the results...MI6 set up a false flag CW attack in Syria....and such like, I don't think even the tin foil brigade are really going to believe it. I mean if you're going to spread disinformation and such like, at least make it just slightly credible seeming.

Or maybe the tinfoil wearers will just swallow this crud as well? Would be sad, but I suppose I could be overestimating people.

• Like 2

Sometimes, I still have to sit back, and just take a moment to collect myself after remembering that Boris Johnson is the actual Foreign Secretary.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Sometimes, I still have to sit back, and just take a moment to collect myself after remembering that Boris Johnson is the actual Foreign Secretary.

Wait until you find out who is the President of the US.....

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, villakram said:

no mention of Robert Fisk... quelle surprise <_<

Of the small group of various journo's let in there the other day, Fisk said he found no one saying there was CWs so he couldn't say one way or the other, but put forward stuff about dust and oxygen starvation being the cause. A German TV journo found some people saying there was no CWs and one man saying there definitely were, Swedish TV filmed a man detailing how his house was affected by CWs and his family died from them. The journo also reported the smell. CBS showed a picture of a yellow CW container (I suspect that wasn't actually taken by their journos but was added on to an article reporting on the situation).

Today the UN and OPCW team in Douma have been shot at! in an area where Syria Russia are in control and there are no rebels left.

Ofcom has opened seven investigations into Russia Today, in light of the Salisbury nerve agent attack which took place in March.

The regulator will investigate "due impartiality of news and current affairs programmes" on the channel.

A spokesperson for Ofcom said "we have observed a significant increase in the number of programmes that warrant investigation".

It aims to announce the outcome of the investigations "as soon as possible".

BBC

..."due impartiality of news and current affairs programmes"...? :crylaugh:

Will they be looking at news agencies controlled by tax evading pricks after?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xann said:

BBC

..."due impartiality of news and current affairs programmes"...? :crylaugh:

Will they be looking at news agencies controlled by tax evading pricks after?

or the BBC... I'm ignorant of their avoiding of tax etc., but it wouldn't be very surprising.

25 minutes ago, villakram said:

or the BBC... I'm ignorant of their avoiding of tax etc., but it wouldn't be very surprising.

The BBC generally reflects the outlook of the incumbent government.

Should it not play ball, it gets criticised by Parliament. Further insubordination and there's talk of the license fee being scrapped. This usually shuts it up.

Like many of the other public services under the Tories, as far as a being a neutral(ish) provider of news, it's in a shit state.

• Like 1

Remember the Russian Foreign Ministry claim about a Swiss laboratory casting doubt on the Salisbury/Novichok findings? They were lying their tits off, for a change. 

Â