• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Try to imagine turning up at the Bull Ring and collecting rifles and ammunition to fight and defend Birmingham. 

I'm reminded of that bit at the end of Blackadder III, just with thousands of people who have never seen a gun trying to work out which end is the dangerous end via YouTube videos.

"Congratulations on choosing the Armstrong Whitworth four pounder cannonnette. Please read the instructions carefully and it should give years of trouble free maiming."

Edited by ml1dch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

The more we corner him with economic measures the less he has to lose,

Russia has built up foreign currency reserves of $630 billion, an increase of 75 per cent since 2015. It now has the fourth largest currency reserves in the world, despite being only the 11th largest economy.
The reserves are akin to a third of the Russian economy 

that’s not to say sanctions can’t hurt him , but he’s been preparing for this since 2015 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Awol said:

Try to imagine turning up at the Bull Ring and collecting rifles and ammunition to fight and defend Birmingham. 

These weapons will likely cause problems in society for years to come 😔

The weapons from the Yugoslav wars are still turning up in organised crime and gang violence around Europe.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's at times like this I wonder if all the he/him, them/they pronoun stuff is what we should have been focussing on as a society.

Well, I agree there should be more of a spotlight on imperialism, and not just when Russia does it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Russia has built up foreign currency reserves of $630 billion, an increase of 75 per cent since 2015. It now has the fourth largest currency reserves in the world, despite being only the 11th largest economy.
The reserves are akin to a third of the Russian economy 

that’s not to say sanctions can’t hurt him , but he’s been preparing for this since 2015 

Exactly. They can manage four state budgets on existing reserves, and two years with no gas sales to Europe - at all. 

This isn’t a man who lost his mind during lockdown, this is the culmination of a plan many years in the making to restore the Russian Empire. 

We’re so post-modern in the West (or our leaders are) that we cannot conceive of people doing this in the (cliche alert) *21st Century!*  

it’s our fault, we indulged the weak willed and wooly minded, buying into their BS about a post-force European order. It was then and is now absolute nonsense - as Putin is demonstrating.

If the only price we in the west pay to collectively learn that lesson is the fall of Ukraine then we’ve got off very lightly - with apologies to any Ukrainians. 

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

Grand delusions of relevance mixed with attention seeking. I’m sure Putin is on his way over to her house to suck milk from her breast as we speak

To be fair, he’d be a fool not too……I mean I don’t even like milk but…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â