Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Not really, as per my other post his time at Sunderland is littered with signing which didnt look great at the time and ended up worse.

Ahhh, the goalpost changer. There he is. I thought though, we aren't allowed to judge him on what's he's done before (I.e 4 promotions)? Or are we only allowed to judge the bad things he's done? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Ahhh, the goalpost changer. There he is. I thought though, we aren't allowed to judge him on what's he's done before (I.e 4 promotions)? Or are we only allowed to judge the bad things he's done? 

download.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Of course I said that didnt I...........only I didnt. What I said was I look at the 4 promotions and I look at the evidence from the 35+ games we played under Bruce and I dont see the two as being anywhere close, we dont look like a team managed by someone who has 4 promotions. 

One of us is going to look very smug next season, I hope it is you because that would mean he has got us promoted.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

John Terry, Colback and Whelan.

Another manager who is going to take the golden pot and toss it up the wall on zero return players. God help us. Wake me up.

Zero return players ? If those players come and help win promotion then the money gained in the Premiership will far far outweigh the outlay on them - positivity is needed throughout the club - let's take on the opposition and make this a season to remember.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If we sign John Terry does anyone think he will come and not be club captain? how do you Chester would feel if that happened?

Chester would be fine with it I reckon - terry is a natural captain and Chester had admitted himself he sometimes finds it hard to criticise other players .

Terry would be a short term fix to help win promotion - I doubt Chester would complain at all.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Of course I said that didnt I...........only I didnt. What I said was I look at the 4 promotions and I look at the evidence from the 35+ games we played under Bruce and I dont see the two as being anywhere close, we dont look like a team managed by someone who has 4 promotions. 

One of us is going to look very smug next season, I hope it is you because that would mean he has got us promoted.

Ok, from the evidence you've seen of signings from Bruce with us, what makes you think that Terry is 'par for the course'? Because I don't see the 2 as being anywhere near close....

I'm still seriously baffled about all of the apprehension around this.

This is one of those moves which, just like any other, might fail, but is at least worth a shot.

John Terry has a higher probability of having a positive influence on our squad, and promotion prospects, than the next exotic name or last seasons best Championship defenders.

It's the kind of thing where, if he went to Birmingham (or goes), some people will probably be moaning that we never try these things.

• Like 4

Agreed. He is not going to play every game or for many more seasons, but if he helps gets us up with his winning attitude, and performances in 20 or so games, I am fine with that! 

Whelen too, whats the difference between him and Jedinak? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm still seriously baffled about all of the apprehension around this.

This is one of those moves which, just like any other, might fail, but is at least worth a shot.

John Terry has a higher probability of having a positive influence on our squad, and promotion prospects, than the next exotic name or last seasons best Championship defenders.

It's the kind of thing where, if he went to Birmingham (or goes), some people will probably be moaning that we never try these things.

If he goes to blues he's a money grabbing toad - if he comes here he's a strong leader who could be a major part in getting us promotion ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Eastie said:

If he goes to blues he's a money grabbing toad - if he comes here he's a strong leader who could be a major part in getting us promotion ;)

I think it's more the Harry Redknapp connection, I think he wants promotion either way. If it was purely for money then a move to the US/China would surely make much more sense.

1 minute ago, carewjust4u said:

I think it's more the Harry Redknapp connection, I think he wants promotion either way. If it was purely for money then a move to the US/China would surely make much more sense.

Blues will be nowhere near promotion with Terry in their team - redknapp is long past his sell by date .

terrys been happy to post pics with Steve Bruce on holiday and referred to Bruce as a legend so I'm guessing he rates him highly.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Why does it have to be you against me? I'm extremely on the fence regarding Bruce. This is a main gripe of mine (mainly from the Bruce out side) treating it as them against us sort of thing. We're in it together through thick and thin. 

But also, using transfer market, Bruce's history of transfers isn't that bad. Go through page 1 and I think it's pretty decent.

He certainly has never given a huge contract to a former premier league winner who is 36. So, for you to say it's par for the course (which is where this began) is wrong based on his record with us and his record with other teams.

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Ok, from the evidence you've seen of signings from Bruce with us, what makes you think that Terry is 'par for the course'? Because I don't see the 2 as being anywhere near close....

Firstly of all the signings Bruce made in January I am not sure there are many at this point could be classified as being a success (This doesnt mean that I think any are bad) 

I was refering more to his record elsewhere we he has a tendency to sign at least 2 or 3 players who look awful at the time and end up being far far worse

• Like 1