Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

If RMC leaves then that money will surely be for a replacement.

I've got an old chair going cheap which could be just as effective as RMC.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I've got an old chair going cheap which could be just as effective as RMC.

Now it seems he's going on loan and we aren't getting a fee, then maybe that old chair could be a fit for the budget...

BACK ON?

Steve Bruce would give his Aston Villa side the creativity and attacking tenacity that is required to secure promotion next season with the signing of Lazio’s Ravel Morrison.

Sky Sports Transfer Centre claimed (Wednesday, 12.03pm) that Birmingham have had a loan bid rejected for the 24-year-old ace, who has endured a difficult time in Italy.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/loan-bid-reportedly-rejected-aston-villa-beat-bitter-rivals-permanent-offer-serie-playmaker/

EDIT: Just realised it's just a speculative "What Villa should do" story :/

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Have we just stolen candlefaces wishlist or are journos just  grouping Villa/Blues together under the general heading of Birmingham and hoping that 1 will be right.

Terry linked to Brum, Goes to Villa

Hernandez linked to Brum then linked to Villa

Morrison training with Brum pre-season then linked to Villa

Apparently they are in for Aden Flint & Joe Bryan from Bristol City, Guess we will be linked to them by the end of the week...

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Now it seems he's going on loan and we aren't getting a fee, then maybe that old chair could be a fit for the budget...

I see it playing a number 10 role.  It sits quite deep....... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont think we are done personally judging form what Bruce has said recently. Can see maybe a loan or two coming in max 

He did hint at that during the interview.

9 hours ago, mattjpa said:

Disagree with this, fella. Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, Grealish, Green, Elmohamedy and Bjarnesson have all been solid creative players - be that at different levels or in different leagues. Surely we can see 3-4 of these hit form and start to unlock the turgid defences most championship teams have. Last season was the warm up, no excuses this time

Hourihane and Lansbury have shown little to nothing in half a season that they are a creative force in our style of play. I remain unconvinced.

Grealish, Adomah and Kodjia are injured and may not return for some time still.

Green has a terrible injury record and still hasnt shown he is capable of being a creative force.

And sorry but Bjarneson is a clogger. Comparing him to gobby cabbage was pretty apt - all huff and no end product. Adequate squad player but not a creator.

Delighted to have elmo, real wodth and can cross. Could do with 2/3 more of him.

Obviously we need bodies out forst, but i dont see where the confidence in these players has come from that makes people think they are sudden going to start doing it when they havent in 15-20 games so far.

18 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Hourihane and Lansbury have shown little to nothing in half a season that they are a creative force in our style of play. I remain unconvinced.

Grealish, Adomah and Kodjia are injured and may not return for some time still.

Green has a terrible injury record and still hasnt shown he is capable of being a creative force.

And sorry but Bjarneson is a clogger. Comparing him to gobby cabbage was pretty apt - all huff and no end product. Adequate squad player but not a creator.

Delighted to have elmo, real wodth and can cross. Could do with 2/3 more of him.

Obviously we need bodies out forst, but i dont see where the confidence in these players has come from that makes people think they are sudden going to start doing it when they havent in 15-20 games so far.

I still think that we will be signing at least one more even if its a loan.

but in answer to your point Hourihane and Lansbury were playing in an unbalanced team trying to cover jobs they are not cut out for, due to the fact the team is/was not complete.....the jury is still out for me, but Whelan coming in should help them in theory, i have not written them off yet, but hopefully they can get forward more......However, what they must do ,is take more responsibility for their  ball retention.....they cannot simply lose the ball and expect every tom ,Dick and Harry to retrieve it, albeit paradoxically there is someone to do that now.

I still have faith in them, would like to see them dominate the ball that little bit more.....and transform that in to hurting the opposition.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Jefferson montero linked on twitter (i know, i know)

A yes from me if true

Ha Ha wondered what had happened to him.....seen him beat us on his own at VP

• Like 2