Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I feel like we are done this transfer window. I don't think it's a bad thing though. Clear 5/6 more of the squad and we're in a good position. With money and wage room to spare in January if needed.

Just now, Mjvilla said:

I feel like we are done this transfer window. I don't think it's a bad thing though. Clear 5/6 more of the squad and we're in a good position. With money and wage room to spare in January if needed.

This. I don't think we're missing anything at the moment, other than possibly a bit of variety if we decide to change up the way we play. 

I'm happy though and feeling optimistic. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Dont agree with mjvilla above about our squad being in a good position.  We are woefully short of creative/attacking players.

If we dont bring in 1 or 2 creative players, even on loan, we are never going to score enough goals.

So, 2 of the highest assist makers in the league last year: adomah and hourihane. 

2 of the highest goal scorers in hogan and kodjia. 

Othera such as McCormack, Lansbury, green, grealish, agbonlahor and then the young lads isn't enough? This lot is 'woefully short'????

2 of which have scored goals fairly regularly at this level McCormack and Lansbury. Then added goals from someone such as Terry who scores goals from set pieces. Samba will be a threat. There's plenty of scope to score goals from that lot.

Unless we get rid of gabby and McCormack, which I don't think will happen, I think we are done. I'd prefer better to those 2, yes absolutely, but I think we are done and I think it'll be enough.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Dont agree with mjvilla above about our squad being in a good position.  We are woefully short of creative/attacking players.

If we dont bring in 1 or 2 creative players, even on loan, we are never going to score enough goals.

I think 1 more would be enough for now, and as has been said in addition to some shifted.

We can then reassess in January as we will hopefully have a good wage wedge left.

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

We have the players IMO - just a matter of getting them to create.  Hourihane and Lansbury in particular.

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Freddy Adu is available on a free >_>

His career is the equivalent of that kid you see kicking a ball against the wall in the park and then asking any group of lads that turn up for a kickabout if he can play with them

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Striker on loan and I'm happy.  Is there nothing coming off the Chelsea conveyor belt this year?

Ike ugbo but unfortunately he's gone Barnsley on loan. He's meant be even better than Tammy Abraham 

2 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Disagree with this, fella. Hourihane, Lansbury, Adomah, Grealish, Green, Elmohamedy and Bjarnesson have all been solid creative players - be that at different levels or in different leagues. Surely we can see 3-4 of these hit form and start to unlock the turgid defences most championship teams have. Last season was the warm up, no excuses this time

• Like 1